Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad m$, giving us the MO3 virus

Well it was only a matter of time.

And I believe this belongs in this thread since it is windows related.new link, old one was canned by m$
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Sorry, but I don't really take security advice from a site which is blatantly anti-MS (Lindows.com). While I admit that Windows is far from perfect, and Microsoft Office 2003 may have features which could be potentially abused, the same could be said for our police force or military:
    Only minutes from your home are people who are armed and trained to kill. They could burst into your home any minute and kill you all while you sleep! That's right, they call themselves the "Police" but they may as well be known as State Murderers...lock up your children and bolt the doors!
    Microsoft has very little incentive to intrude into its customers' machines. It has proven in the past that even though it has the ability to track down casual pirates, that it does not do so. You do realise that MS already has quite far-reaching abilities in WindowsXP, in terms of knowing what's on your machine, what hardware you have etc. whenever you use Windows Update?
    My Machine

Comment

Whether there is any truth in the article or not, it makes me glad I use OpenOffice. I ditched M$ Office a long time ago...

Comment

:D
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Latest estimates indicate this new software will not ship until 2006, so between now and then, watch for Microsoft to secretly embed MO3 into updates or security patches that they promote for their existing product line.
          is it just me or someone else also feels that this article is spreading FUD? if MS wanted to install a TROJAN on your machine they could have done it in thousands of updates they have launched till now. isn't it?
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
          X