XBox or ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox or ........

I won an XBox recently, but having never used a console other than the PS1 I'm not really interested in it so I'm giving it to my kids for XMas. But it seems like there is a lot they do to it to stuff it up, so I am thinking about changing it for one of the other consoles, but don't know which

It's only going to be for games, nothing else. What I'm looking at is price of accessories and games etc. From what I can gather PS2 seems to be the way to go but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone please advise on this one?
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

It all depends on what kind of games, etc... you are looking at. Personally, I've got a PS2, a Gamecube and temporarily had an Xbox. Out of all three consoles, my PS2 would have been used the most, followed by the GC. But that's mainly due to the game types I'm interested in.

What kind of games do you kids play? How old are they? Is anyone else going to be using the system?

Comment

The kids are between 10 & 14. They'll ony be playing games, maybe with their mates but that's it
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Comment

check out some of the comments in this thread - http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=12595

Comment

Working...
        X