In serious crap cpu doesn't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In serious crap cpu doesn't work!

Ay, i was drilling some holes in the front of the case for better air flow and the power on/off wires fell off. And after like 4 hours of trying to get it back on, it "turned on" but the computer doesn't start up. The monitor doesn't turn on, mouse, keyboard. but the fans work and lights ethernet light and all that crap.

I have a biostar m7ncd pro 1800+. Anyone got any ideas? Could the power on/off have something to do with it. I just split the wire and twisted the wires around the poles. PLZ DON'T TELL ME I BURNT THE CPU AND MB. o yea, the cpu gave off some funny fumes when i first turned it on, not burnt but sorta plastic melting smell or something.... JEEZ I'M SCREWED... "SOMEBODY SAAAAAVE MEEEEE!!!"

please don't tell me you were drilling your case with everything still in it?? If so you have probably just killed every single compent inside your case. : omg:

Comment

You drilled holes through the metal with the motherboard etc left in the case.. :eek:

If you are unlucky you might have shortened something with a little piece of metal from the drilling.. :(

EDIT: Bubba beat me to it..

Comment

no no no. The case front comes off. and it was plastic not metal.

Comment

You may have accidently changed a switch on your motherboard, check you manual to see if the jumpers are correctly set for that particular cpu you are using. :2cents:

Comment

i'm pretty sure i didn't switch any jumpers. I mean if the cmos jumper was clear then it wouldn't even have started up with the fans. I didn't even touch the motherboard...

Comment

Sorry my bad english, I meant switches, the ones that looks something like this:

Comment

my motherboard doesn't have switches.

this is my motherboard

Comment

i just reset the cmos... it didn't work. same problem

Comment

I left the jumper for the cmos on clear. AND IT TURNED ON! WTF!? u guys think that its DOA? nads :tears:

Comment

If you look at the link you posted bum_squad, and advance to the next page on that review, it describes that very problem you have, and how to "fix" it.

Comment

ok i took out the battery and the cmos jumper.... LETS HOPE THIS WORKS or its time to RMA... in the case that i will have to RMA it, do u guys think i'll have to rma the processor too. cuz i did smell some burning which coulda been anything.... CROSS UR FINGERS JIGGAS

Comment

Originally posted by bum_squad
                          ok i took out the battery and the cmos jumper.... LETS HOPE THIS WORKS or its time to RMA... in the case that i will have to RMA it, do u guys think i'll have to rma the processor too. cuz i did smell some burning which coulda been anything.... CROSS UR FINGERS JIGGAS
                          Uh let me get this straight....you're going to RMA something because you broke it??

Comment

Yea its dead... A chip in the top right hand corner of the motherboard was chipped. I'll take a pic later, but i'm gonna RMA it, so i don't know if i should return it with the processor.

Comment

Ok, so YOU broke it, and you're going to try and return it. Kid that isn't going to work, if it has a CHIP in it that you inflicted yourself. :rolleyes2

Comment

Working...
                              X