Game Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Problems

Whenever I try to open a game, the screen goes black as if it was loading, then it just exits back into windows. This happens with all the games that I got on my computer. Only happened a few days ago.
    Anyone encounted this problem before?

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
    Whenever I try to open a game, the screen goes black as if it was loading, then it just exits back into windows. This happens with all the games that I got on my computer. Only happened a few days ago.
    Anyone encounted this problem before?
    Have you changed anything?new hardware and(or)newly installed programs?Which OS are you using?Is everything else working stable?Are you having any other problems with your computer that may seem unrelated to your current problem?I'm asking because you said up until a few days ago,everything was working ok.

Comment

I am using WinXP with SP1a, 2 days ago I took it to a friends house. But no new hardware installed. I tried installing DX9b again and the new Omega drivers for ATi, still nothing yet. Everything else seems to be working fine though. I tried running Halo again, and it works, but theres a problem, whenever I open the game I see 2 secs of normal image, like the intro, then it flashes and everything goes all bright, like as if the brightness was jacked up all the way. :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
        I am using WinXP with SP1a, 2 days ago I took it to a friends house. But no new hardware installed. I tried installing DX9b again and the new Omega drivers for ATi, still nothing yet. Everything else seems to be working fine though. I tried running Halo again, and it works, but theres a problem, whenever I open the game I see 2 secs of normal image, like the intro, then it flashes and everything goes all bright, like as if the brightness was jacked up all the way. :confused:
        Try rolling back your drivers to ati 3.7,i've read,alot of people are having problem with new drivers(3.8,omega).Hope that helps.

btw,which refresh rate fix program are you using?i personally use
        (nvrt 2.1a)

Comment

I'll try installing the old drivers back.
          Or I might just use the ATi drivers and download radclocker.

I have refreshforce which came with the omega drivers

Comment

Working...
          X