Fan change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan change

Quick question, I have a 92mm x30mm stock fan from Dell that's on exhaust in the back of my case. I think it's getting old and starting whine, so I want to replace it. It has a temp probe, and connects to the mobo w/ a weird connector (looks like the end of a CD-IN cable connector for audio). There is also a normal 3-pin connector next to it. Can I replace it w/ a non-thermal probe fan, or will this screw up my mobo? Thx, : peace2: Mista K6

well, depends, does the monbo have fan contoll monitor? , if it does, ucan disable it, an get a non thermal fan monitor fan.

or, i suggest u get a thermal take smart fan 1, or 2. it has thermal monitoring, and is oange,

Comment

Well, it's all automatic, because the Dell BIOS are very limited, and there's nothing about temp control in there (I'll check again tho). So, even with it on, and I plug in a non-temp fan, what happens? My main thing here is that I want to put in something quiet. I was thinking of a Vantec Stealth 92mm. It pushes 28CFM of air, but is only 20dB. My setup is runs very cool, so lower CFM is not an issue: I just want it to be quiet. Thx, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
      X