Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MOBO for Intel that will Support thr Prescot Soon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best MOBO for Intel that will Support thr Prescot Soon??

Hello! i just wanted to ask which is the best mobo to get for Intel Pentium 4C and will support the new prescot soon??

Any idea? thanks in advance!!!

Doesn't the Abit IC7 Max3 i875 support Prescott?

Comment

In the review I read yes it does, but I have heard NO official statements about ANY current motherboard that will.

Basically if you are looking at getting a board NOW for a processor that isn't even coming out for another 3 months, that is stupid. It is best to wait until then to see what is available.

Comment

Yes wait as a lot of mobo's that were spose to have support before have lately had that support removed from their spec's.

Comment

Do they have actual release date for the Intel Prescot processor??

If yes, I might as well wait. but if there's none... thats B88888KS!!! when is this B8888Y thing coming??? I might just get the ABIT MAX 3

Comment

Jan-Feb. I would not buy any hardware now if you want guaranteed future compatibility. Besides there is a new chipset coming with the Prescott.

Comment

crazysniper22: Abit's AI7 i865PE motherboard supports Intel's Prescott (478) processor. But I would also suggest that you wait until next year when more options become available.

Comment

By the time that Intel Prescot processor mobo's are released the later proper Athlon FX pure 939 pin CPU should also be available so I'd suggest a hold and wait a bit approach to find the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                  Besides there is a new chipset coming with the Prescott.
                  Chipset name?

Comment

Alderwood
                    Grantsdale

Intel's next major chipset release

Next generation Intel Grantsdale chipsets will also differ quite significantly from the predecessors, i875 and i865, due to a big number of enhancements introduced in it. As we managed to find out, Intel informed its partners about a few key innovations, which are worth mentioning.

Firstly, the new chipset will support DDR II memory, which will definitely lead to higher performance of the systems based on it. Intel assumes that in Q2 2004 DDR II memory will be quite popular and widely spread already.

Secondly, Grantsdale will support PCI Express x16 Connector for high-performance graphics cards, such as ATI R423 and NVIDIA NV40. They also stress that the integrated version of their Grantsdale chipset aka Grantsdale-G, will feature the third generation graphics core.

One more new connector supported by the new Grantsdale, the PCI Express x1 Connector, will be designed for new expansion cards supporting this bus. And in conclusion, Intel mentions that they will have more SerialATA ports supported by the new Grantsdale core logic. All these innovations will be implemented in the new ICH6/RAID South Bridge.

Summing up everything said above, I can figure out the major Grantsdale specifications list.

800MHz processor bus support
                    Supports CPUs designed in LGA775 package
                    Dual-channel DDR2-533/400 SDRAM
                    Dual-channel DDR400/333 SDRAM for better compatibility
                    Third generation integrated graphics core in Grantsdale-G
                    PCI Express x16 support
                    ICH6/RAID South Bridge with RAID support
                    4 Serial ATA ports
                    PCI Express x1

The first CPUs to be used with Grantsdale chipset will be Pentium 4 processors on Prescott core working at 3.6GHz core clock. They will be announced together with Grantsdale chipset family. These CPUs will be designed in LGA775 form-factor, feature 1MB L2 cache, support Hyper-Threading technology and 800MHz bus.

xbit

Grantsdale
                    Will be replaced by Lakeport in 2005

Comment

thanks guys for replying!

I will definitely wait until next year as more and more new products are coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X