Case position and airflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case position and airflow

ok, two things. First, I have a fan controller on my intake fans (they're both set to very low speeds), but not on my exhaust. The 92mm near my passive CPU sink is thermally controlled, and always runs at the lowest speed, so no worries there. However, the cyclone blower below my video card is always on full. Right now, I'd say I have about 20-30CFM in (depending if I turn my intake up a bit for games), 45-50CFM out. My system runs pretty cool and quiet, but I always hear "a little more intake than exhaust" is the way to go for cooling. So, should I turn down the cyclone blower, or leave it? Specifically, what are the benefits? Also, I have my tower sitting on my desk right now, but I'd rather put it on the floor as it's colder (cold air sinks) and it will clear up some area on my desk :thumb: . However, my bass speaker is also on the floor, on the other side (like, 2 - 2.5ft. away). The floor is wooden, so the bass sounds great, but I'm worried the vibrations might hurt my comp. I mean, I dont BLAST music, and I never listen to anything that loudly, but if I get a shock blast next to me in UT2003, is that gonna mess up my comp? I was thinking of maybe putting some foam under the tower too. Anyways, thoughts on that? Thx alot for any replies, : peace2: Mista K6

This thread should answer ya first question and as to ya 2nd one, it shouldn't but ya could always stick some rubber cushionin' under the speaker.

Comment

Hmmm... ok. I read that thread, didnt see that pic tho :?: . Well, I'll see if I can attach the cyclone to the same Tt fan controller that the front intake is on, so when I switch one up, so does the other. However, that cyclone blower has two wires coming out of it, going into a 4 pin molex (it's a cross through). Is it safe to take the two wires (red and black) and wire them into a three pin on the front intake fan, so that both the blower and the fan connect through the same 3-pin plug into the fan controller? Also, I want the speaker to stay on the floor so that the wood vibrates the sound, otherwise the bass is gonna sound dead. But, I can put some foam/rubber cushioning under my tower, any recommendations for good stuff? Thx for the reply

Comment

Maybe ya just didn't wait long enough for the pic to load as it is a little larger than my usual pic's due to the detail required. Ya may overload the controller dependin' on the model doin' that. 4-3 pin adaptors can be obtained from most PC stores and the foam carpet underlay should be suitable.

Comment

heh, I just picked up an old carpet and have its mat lying in my shed :D . I'll make a nice cut out :thumb: . Well, the fan contoller only has one in, so I'll have to get a 4 to 3 pin adapter and then a 3pin splitter. I'll see how good my wire management skills are. Thx for the reply wiggo, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
          X