Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GeforceFX 5900 not running up to par... Any suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeforceFX 5900 not running up to par... Any suggestions??

Hello,
    I recently purchased and today received my GeforceFX 5900. Its the non-ultra version, Gainward Powerpack Ultra/1200 "Golden Sample". I really like the way the card looks and I love the dual fan design. Also, I really like the fact that its a golden sample and gainward includes utilities to OC and even promotes the fact that its perfectly stable to do so with their utils. However, after running a few benchmarks I don't think Im getting the scores and fp/s I should be. So far I ran a 3dmark 2003 bench and got a measly 2500 (ughh). I then tried Call Of Duty with a fps test and I couldn't muster anything over 60fps with lows in the 30's (thats @ 1024X768 with details maxxed out no AA no Vsnyc). I then checked a few sites and realized Im missing out on OHH 2000 points at least on my 3dmark 2003 score and about 50 to even 100 fps on Call of Duty. I just dont understand what the problem is. Heres the setup I have:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ @ 1.52 (143Mhz FSB)
    2 Sticks of 256MB DDR PC2100
    80 Gig WD (2X40 Raid 0)
    SB Live Value
    ECS K7S5A
    Gainward XP/1200 Golden Sample Core @ 450 Mem @ 900

I checked my AGP and its running at 4x indeed (cuz the mobo only supports 4x). The only thing I can think of that is getting me this low scoring crap is that my mobo and CPU are out of date compared to many in the benchmarks I saw. However, many people with my setup get much better scores than I. If anyone has any ideas or can tell me its because of something Im using please help me out.
    Thanks in advance!
    Lates
    Ron Jon

your cpu and ram speed will be the main factors limiting your cards abilities, and the 4x agp bus speed makes it worst.

Comment

In order to increase those scores i would get a new processor (i believe the 2200+ is a good overclocker but i could be mixed up) and also you need another stick of 256 or even better go for a higher ram speed i think pc 3200 would be good for overclocking:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
        (i believe the 2200+ is a good overclocker but i could be mixed up)
        ya, i think you are a bit confused there. The 1700+ and 1800+ t-breds and the 2500+ barton are the OC jewels :)

Comment

Originally posted by Richscd2
          your cpu and ram speed will be the main factors limiting your cards abilities, and the 4x agp bus speed makes it worst.
          8x agp does not increase performance that much. So it would only raise his score alittle. Mybe his card is a budget card?
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
          X