Newegg.com Charging Tax Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newegg.com Charging Tax Now?

The website says they only charge sales tax to California and New Jersey. I live in Tennessee and have never been charged tax when ordering from NewEgg. Today I was placing an order and it showed tax.

I'm curious if it is a glitch on their website or if now they're charging tax to Tennessee and other states. Will someone else that isn't normally charged tax by NewEgg check and see if it shows tax if they attempt to check out today?

Originally posted by Lava Lamp Freak
    The website says they only charge sales tax to California and New Jersey. I live in Tennessee and have never been charged tax when ordering from NewEgg. Today I was placing an order and it showed tax.

I'm curious if it is a glitch on their website or if now they're charging tax to Tennessee and other states. Will someone else that isn't normally charged tax by NewEgg check and see if it shows tax if they attempt to check out today?
    I placed an order on Wensday and they didn't charge me tax then, although if I remember right the tax did show up on the first screen until I completed my information, then it disappeared. So maybe you just have to proceed a little futher on your order before it's taken off, like the part of the order where you enter in your state and address, ect.:shrug:

Comment

I emailed them and received a response that they have opened up a warehouse in Tennessee to "serve me better." Well, they just lost a customer. I ordered my supplies from ZipZoomFly.com and saved $14 and got free 2nd day shipping.

Comment

it's a hazard of online shopping. if any part of the business is in the same state as you, you have to pay a tax (at least it's that way with the current laws). That was one of the perks of moving away from WA; there is soo many computer-related businesses in the Seattle area that it makes it hard to buy anything online and not have a tax involved. But there was also a dozen or more PC hardware stores within 20 miles, so it wasn't that big of a deal. :2cents:

Comment

Yah, I really like looks of Zipzoomfly.com, although I haven't bought anything from them yet. Was the shipping free and 2nd day? or just a free upgrade to 2nd day at the price of normal shipping? Always wondered that, thx. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

The 2 day shipping is free as in you don't pay any shipping at all. Its a great deal. Now I just hope they stay in California. :p

Originally posted by Mista K6
            Yah, I really like looks of Zipzoomfly.com, although I haven't bought anything from them yet. Was the shipping free and 2nd day? or just a free upgrade to 2nd day at the price of normal shipping? Always wondered that, thx. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
            X