intel locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intel locks

ive been told my motherbord is locked, is their anyway to turn off the locks or get around them so i can overclock my comptuer?

Not a very clear post ya have here but if ya mean that ya have a mobo made by Intel then no ya won't be able to overclock it as Intel do not include overclockin' settings with their BIOS's. There are a few overclockin' programs such as SoftFSB and SoftCPU but there's so homework to do on the pll chip on the mobo though these programs cannot increase voltages so an overclock will be greatly restricted.

Comment

ya i read something on pll but im not quite sure what they are, i have a intel d845 PT and i kno its locked, but i figured there has to be some way to get my processor overclocked somewhat

Comment

Other than what I've already outlined a new mobo with an overclocker friendly BIOS (this would be the best option).

Comment

so theres no way to get around the locks or modifiy/update my bios to change, and if not i havent been able to find softCPU do u kno where i can download a copy?

Comment

Try lookin' thru this but I've never used overclockin' software as I'd rather have a mobo with a proper BIOS attached to it.

Comment

Working...
            X