How's This??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's This??

Well, it's christmas time, and I have a 300$ budget to rebuild my POS computer. I just need your feedback as to whether this would be probably my best option for my budget, and how far I could get with overclocking in the long run with heat sink upgrade/added fans etc.

Buffalo Technology PC3200 512mb
    Epox nforce2 EP-8RDA3+
    AMD Barton 333
    case/power supply: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...2&searchdepa=0
    and I would be using my old drives, HD(60gb), and a DVD and CDR drive which are all farely new drives coming out of a sony pc.
    Video card is a Radeon 9100, which does it's job for now, but for HL2 and onwards I will be upgrading to 9800 pro in the future.

So, sound alright?? Anything bad about this that I may encounter?? Any other suggestions?? All comes out perfect in terms of $, so I just want to make sure, and get opinion from some knowledgable people. Thanks.

Sounds fine by me and increasin' the core voltage of that Barton (ya told us the FSB speed but not the ratin' that ya plan) by 0.1v then droppin' the multiplier a bit it'll run on a 200MHz FSB (400DDR). Also be sure to get a good HSF instead of usin' the POS retail HSF that comes with the CPU.

Comment

It's the 1.83 Barton, don't know if thats what you mean by rating. By running it in 200Mhz FSB, that's is going to be the limit of this motherboard correct??

Yeah, I will definitely be getting a new HSF for this thing, I just need to wait until I have the money, and that new thermalright HS just came out, so Ill be looking into that.

Comment

Ya gettin' an Athlon XP2500+ so 9.5 x 200MHz should be a good startin' point (this will give ya 1.9GHz) then increase the multiplier in 0.5 steps until ya find its limit there and then ya can work the FSB a little more (my 8RDA+ will run my XP2600+ @ 220MHz and I'm sure that your mobo will have up to 250MHz though ya unlikely to get anywhere near that).

Comment

Working...
        X