power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power supply

I was wondering if you guys had any powerd supplys you would reccomend for me. I 've burnt out two already my first 300watt one that came with the case and then i got this one as a replacement http://www.amamax.com/pomabyxcgowa1.html . it was working fine but about a week or two after i added a 200gig harddrive it started to make buring smells and the compter was constantly frezzeing when i use a game or somthing and sometimes for no reason. now it seem the powersupply died and i need a new one and hopefuly my last one.

I have a
    p4 2.4 400mhz fs with cpu fan of course
    albatron geforce 4 ti 4200 128 ddr
    768 pc2100 ddr ram ( 1x256 + 1X512)
    wd 80 gig hd
    maxotr 200gig hd
    52x 32x 52x sony cdrw
    52x cdrom
    case fan
    pci nic card
    bay freezer exaughst thing

I would suggest www.newegg.com. Look for the Antec TruePower or the Vantec slient stleath.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I've been usin' Antec's 420-480W PSU's for quite some time now without any probs (the 420W model should be plenty for your setup).

Comment

Also, if you're a crazy modder, I just got a ThermalTake 480watt Butterfly, and the thing is very nice. 550 peak watts, and a ton of amps to go around. It got great reviews at tweaktown, and comes with an 80mm blower fan, 5.25 rheostat, and the powersupply itself has 7 LEDs inside that fade in and out making a color light show. Its around 80 bucks at excaliberpc.com

Comment

if you want a decently cheap and already modded psu, then check out voyeurmods psu's. there awesome. heres there alien theme one. they have a dragon,spiderman all bout 5 more..i like em voyeur mods alien theme psu

Comment

Almost everyone here kept on telling me to buy Antec, so I finally did. I'm amazed, becuase now my games don't hiccup anymore like they did when I used the cheap PSU's after they get hot.

This is the one I went with. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=0

I also tried one of these for my new system and I must admit the display looks great, but I have yet to do any real video game testing with it. It seems stable so far though. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...nufactory=1454

Update 12-22-03: The Soyo PSU seems to do the job. I'd recommend it also.

Comment

Hey does anyone know where to get the antec poewrsupplys for a good price from somewhere else thatn newegg because it wont work for me when i ordered.

Comment

takuma: Have a look here.

Comment

thanks that is helpful

Comment

Working...
                  X