Chipsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipsets

I'm looking for a new mobo that will support my current 2200+ and have room for upgrading to a 400 FSB. What are the major differences between the Nvidea Nforce 2 Ultra and VIA KT 600 chipsets? Which mobos best support OC? I am not looking for an onboard RAID.

Plysthone: Nvidia's nForce2 solution is better suited for overclocking, here's a few boards for you to consider.

ABIT NF7-S v2.0
    ABIT AN7
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Comment

Hmm... These all support SATA/RAID and the 1397 which I'm not really interested in.

How's this look?

Comment

AOpen is a very servicable brand and most nForce2 mobo's are very similar in performance but ya may like consider the EPoX 8RDAE as the BIOS options are more suited to the hard core overclocker.

Comment

Will the ATA 133 support my Seagate ST340016A 40G and Western Digital WD1200JB EIDE Ultra-ATA/100 drives? In additiion, the specs on the EPoX don't specify if it supports dual-channel and it's not sold at mwave or newegg.

Comment

Avoid the Abit AN7 like the plague.....the NF7 that it "replaced" was a much better board.....WAY too many nightmares coming in from AN7 users....

Comment

Working...
            X