Please Help me w/ my fx 5600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me w/ my fx 5600

I hope someone can help me with this. I am have serious problems with my graphics card and I believe I have tried everything. First I guess I should tell you what I have, everything is brand new.

AMD 3200+
    ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 (nForce2 chipset)
    Maxtor 200gig SATA
    1X512 DDR400 PC3200
    Chaintech GeForce FX 5600 Personal Cinema
    400W PSU
    CDROM,USB2CDRW,DVDRW
    Windows XP pro

Problem is this when the card is in and running in the 8X mode with full hardware acceleration on I have all sorts of display problems. On the desktop and within menus and dialog boxes these lines form across the screen. The lines are made of many little dots. If I turn the hardware acceleration down a notch the problem on the desktop and in the menus seems to disappear. Though once in a while they will come back and I have to turn the hardware acceleration down even more. Max Payne II I can not play, there are all sorts of artifacts and the game usually ends up hanging. The Game Blitzkrieg is ok during all the video and animations screens but it has serious artifacts and corruption during the game play. Every once in a while my monitor will turn on and off and occasionally get a freq. out of range error. Here is a list of what I have tried…

Updated MOBO bios to 1007 (newest)
    Tried the newest nForce driver 3.13 I believe
    Tried about 7 different display drivers, I use the nasty file remover and driver cleaner and another utility to ensure all the old driver files are gone.
    I have reinstalled windows several times
    Checked my bios setting, everything is as it should be, from what I have been reading.
    I have not tried to overclock this card

Strange thing is a couple of times it was working for a short period of time, I was able to play max payne 2 with no problems for several minutes before it all starts again and if I am able to exit out of the game the problem has also returned to the desktop. From time to time I can work from the desktop browsing the web with hardware acceleration on full and unless I open a lot of windows the does not seem to be any trouble.

If I can not get it working in the next day I am going to send it back to the store for a new one, unfortunately I can not upgrade I am stuck getting the same exact card, before I go through the trouble of sending it back I want try and make sure that the problem is the card and not some setting file I am missing.

I am hoping someone out there has experienced the same problem and was able to find a solution to it.

it seems my GPU runs between 65-70C just sitting there. Can this be causesing the problem? My case has 6 fans, not including the ones on the CPU and graphics card itself. I have also been running it with the case side panel with a table fan blowing int here.

Should this card run that hot and if not, why would it be? Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

That GPU temp is fine

Comment

Man, sounds like you got a bad card. I'd return it and get another before they start getting into the "you waited too long" BS. Stuff like that happens, so just return it and then have fun blasting :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
        X