Antec 80mm Smartcool fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec 80mm Smartcool fan...

I was wondering if there is anyway I can make this fan run at maximum speed because it is temperatured controlled...and I have two at the front of my case as intake fans...but intake air is usually pretty cool which makes the fan run at slower speeds. Would disconnecting the signal wire adapter from the motherboard make it run a maximum speed?

The only way is to cut the thermal sensor off and solder the two leads coming out of the fan together

Comment

the thermal sensor is the 3 pin wire that connects to the motherboard right? and solder the leads? sorry im kinda lost

Comment

No, around the fan hub, you should be able to see a thermal sensor, thats what I'm referring to

Comment

in my BIOS, for my A7N8X Deluxe, it has a 'Fan Ratio' setting...this more manually allows to set the speeds, 11/12, 13/14, Full Speed etc. Maybe you have a simular setting?

Comment

yes i do have that option in the bios, but i believe that is for the CPU fan only..

Comment

Originally posted by Thoric
              in my BIOS, for my A7N8X Deluxe, it has a 'Fan Ratio' setting...this more manually allows to set the speeds, 11/12, 13/14, Full Speed etc. Maybe you have a simular setting?
              His fan itself regulates the speed, so no matter what, its going to change unless the fan is altered. :cheers:

Comment

ah ok sorry bout that :o

Comment

Yep unless ya remove the thermister bulb and join the wires together those BIOS settin's are worthless. In fact ya just maybe better off to just replace the fan.

Comment

That's why you dont buy thermally regulated fans for intake, or at least ones that dont have a moveable probe. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

lol, didnt really think of that when I bought it. But its fine because the main reason I changed my case fans was because of the loud noise that came from it. Its perfect now with great cooling now that I went from two noisy fans to four quieter fans..

Comment

Working...
                      X