Hi-Fi Stereo Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Fi Stereo Systems

anyone had bad experiences with Pioneer or Yamaha steroes? im looking to buy a 2 speaker system (around $600-800 AU) and i dont think buying a 5 speaker setup is worth it at that price. it will include a DVD as a requirement.

thanks

is saving up and getting something decent an option?
    i'm not a real big fan of mini systems, if you can hold off for a while and get a decent component system then it will be well worth it. you wont regret it, trust me.
    and with a component system. you can get the basics first (dvd, reciever) with some cheap speakers, then later on when you get some extra $, add in some decent speakers..(start off with 2 fronts, then go surround)
    and if u do. yamaha is sweet :) they specialize in home theatre:D

Comment

i dont really have the cash to get a big component system...other things to buy..

just $800 max au should be fine, it'll do the job pretty well. i was looking at kenwoods but i hear their lasers are a bit dodge.

Comment

Can't help - Never looked into it before.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

ok. well take one(or more) of your favourite music cd's into a few stores, and ask if you can listen to some of the stereos. Make sure you fiddle around with the equalizers, extra bass, and all that(dont let the salesman do it. he will just try to make the most expensive, or his personal favourite, sound the best)
          also. if you listen to 1 in a sound-room, try to listen to the rest in the same environment. same if u listen to 1 just out on the rack in the store, try to listen to the rest like that too...otherwise the one in the sound room will always sound better than the one on the rack;)
          hmm i cant think of anythin else atm, bit tired
          oh also the panasonics arent too bad. even though i dont like panasonic that much, they do have some decent products

but i'd still prefer to save for the component system;)
          if u need any more help. u know where to find me:)

Comment

I'll keep that in mind when getting one. :)
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

ok ill keep that in mind when i go into hardly normal tomorrow nite...check em out..thanks

Comment

well...how'd ya go?

Comment

well it seems that all electrical stores seem to have less range than they used to...harvey norman dont have alot these days. mostly micro systems, but there was one system that stood out pretty well. a Pioneer system, priced $889, with a vertical single cd, tray tape deck, seperate amp.

Pioneer IS22CD

well it comes down to that or the kenwood DV55 or this system a t the moment.

Comment

doesnt have dvd...

Comment

well i know....grr..but i cant see many DVD's in the P/Y/K varieties....and damn that system is good, looks cool, but im not sure...maybe buying from melbourne might be better.

Comment

If you can, get a real nice set of headphones, and then save up for a component system.... you will thank me... in a year you will think why did I waste my money on this piece.......

OR get a scratch and dent shelf system like you want off ebay for one third the price.............

Comment

thats a good idea..
                          and if u have some old speakers layin around the place..u could use them(just dont push em )

Comment

the problem is i dont have anything to plug the headphones into, and no speakers lying around!!! lol

Comment

My old man is an obsessive audiophile..... and he luuuuurves Pioneer stereo systems and speakers - has never bought anything else :thumb:
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                              X