Windows 2000 - Temporary Internet Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 - Temporary Internet Files

I am using roaming profiles in a Windows 2000 environment and want to redirect the user's temporary internet files to a folder on thier C or H dirve and NOT the server.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Mark

I haven't used 2000 much but....
    Internet Explorer: Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Settings, Move Folder. But that could be totally impossible for your 2k roaming profiles things. However, another thing that might work is this...
    Registry Editor: HK_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\Cache.
    Cache should be TIF (IE Cache = TIF), however this folder just as the default key so maybe editing it or creating a new one might work. I just messed with now and I'm going to restart and see if anything happens, although I probably don't need to. What's wierd is that no one responded at all up until now. I hope I'm not totally wasting my time. :)

Edit: Whole registry idea probably won't work. I won't mess with it any more. I'll leave that to you or anyone more experienced with the registry. There are probably other areas worth exploring if you really care though.

Comment

Working...
    X