Water Cooling in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling in the works

Well I finaly got the refund on my MSI 875pneo2 MB!

I have ordered a Abit A17 and will be running it on 2 sets of Corsair 3200llpt 512 (2*256) mem, a 2.4c chip and 2 wd800jb hard drive. a 550w psu. Hopefully oc'd to about 3.0.

the question is :
    Water cooling pro's and cons, is the effirt and price worth the effort and what could i hope for?

Amd man is getting water cooling up and running, so is it worth it???:thumb:

edit: I forgot cheap full tower case *lots of room) 1* 120mm fan in, blowing onto cpu/mem, 2* 80 mm fans out from the top of the case (plus psu fan).

I think you'll get more posts if this is in the cooling forum so i'll move it there in a sec.

I changed over to water a few months ago and from my experience, it is worth it.
    Air cooling can achieve the same level of cooling as water, but at a much higher noise level.

Heres the thread about my setup:
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I should have my water up and running next weekend, Ill let you know how it goes

Comment

Thanks Andy, I have read all the threads on your system - Very impressed. however I have just the one question at this time. One of the threads asked about how you would clean and flush the system.

As you are using distilled water on a closed system why would you need to clean and flush after 6 months. distilled water should not cause any scale or slime buid up. Is it something to do with the pump?

amd_man, thanks for the reply I look forward to seeing the results of you project. When yours is up and running I will look closer to see if I prefer yours or Andys system. His is very impressive I like the way his is controling the air flow thro the case as well as the tidy setup.
        I expect that the make of equipment that I consider will depend on the cost and availability in the UK

Thanks again guys

johnerz

Comment

The flush every 6 months isn't from scale buildup, its from bacterial growth in the system... speaking of which, i should probably give my system a flush some time soon, my tubes have gone a bit cloudy, which clearflex apparently does do :-\
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

whay about water additives to prevent bad water like in water beds?
            k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
            recycled from the trash [and in use]
            2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
            3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
            in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

i just use regular distilled water for $.90/gal :D
              Looks like amd_man's thread has everyone going with WC :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by G13man
                whay about water additives to prevent bad water like in water beds?
                You should use some, they also aid in cooling by a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by johnerz

As you are using distilled water on a closed system why would you need to clean and flush after 6 months. distilled water should not cause any scale or slime buid up. Is it something to do with the pump?

johnerz
                  It could be bacteria, or it could be particles floating around in the water from galvanic erosion. Galvanic erosion is caused when you have diffrent metals in the system, which cause bad things to happen. Chech this out-

There should be other pages about GE, have a look around. But to avoid it as much as possible, use demineralised or distilled water and some radiator additive- the additive is designed to prevent corrosion

Comment

Working...
                  X