how do u force an install of an rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u force an install of an rpm

sorry bout all the postings here, but can some 1 tell me how 2 install software in mandrake, i keep geting errors saying

Some package requested cannot be installed:
    - package name -
    (due to unsatisfied glibc-common[== 2.2.4-25])
    do you agree ?

ok - cancel

is there a way i can force the install , and if so can some 1 tell me the comand please, also when u install the packet via the comand line do u need 2 tell the install were the packet is located or will it be located on its own??

sorry about the amount of postings!

an thanks again guys 4 all ure help

: peace:

Looks to me that you need to updare "glibc-common" to version 2.2.4-25 or higher.

Thats the only what that I know of that would fix the problem your having...
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

were can i get that ??

An thanks 4 ure help:wave:

Comment

forcing an rpm to install is never a good idea untill you really know what to do and from your post i feel that you don't know much yet.
        since you are in Mandrake you are in luck. we have a sticky on top of this forum saying "Useful Linux Links". in that thread look at my post talking about urpmi. do as the post says and say bye bye to all your software installation problems :)
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

to force installation ( 4 ex. as I did 4 my vid card drivers ), you login as root in kde , then you open the konsole and you type as follows: rpm -i --force name_of_the_rpm_you_wanna_force.rpm

remember to specify also the directory in which yr rpm is stored.....
          :)

Comment

Working...
          X