Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official stats of my 2600+ barton are in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official stats of my 2600+ barton are in...

Well tonight, after closing my heater vent, turning off the fan in my room and letting cool air come into it, I've been able to get my ambient temp down to very cool, and case temp to 28C. Well, it has worked wonders for overclocking tests. It's official, this CPU works 100% stable at 2,425MHz with great reports on everything. Prime95 did the first set of tests and didn't get above 64C temperature which isn't bad for this SLK947U with a 92mm case fan to be cooling down this bad boy which requires 2.0 volts to operate stably at this speed. The one downside is the RAM, Prime95's Big FTT RAM-stressing Torture Test fails out somewhere around Test 3, which was dissapointing to see, and it may have been the cause of NFS UG stopping responding. All this means is, I gotta play with the CAS settings and lower them even more, and if it doesn't work, I'm still gonna buy a stick that can do 433 with low latencies later on.

All I gotta say is, WHAT A BEAST OF A SYSTEM!

AMD is the best!!!

Glad that ya happy with it but at 64C mine would be freakin' out. :eek:

What voltage have ya got the memory runnin' at? :?:

Comment

Comment

:wow: those are awfully high voltages. I wonder how long things will last like that. :?:

Comment

Everything is handling itself pretty well right now... it's not like I've performed a Vmod and started to toast the hell out of things, or anything like that...

Comment

64c.....I really hope that is incorrect, for your CPU's sake.

Comment

No it'll hit about that, and right now probably more, when being fully taxed by prime95... but that is not something that's likely to happen anyway, playing games doesn't get it above 60 for sure.

Comment

Did you even use a thermal compound?

Comment

Arctic Silver Ceramique... please note, I've been told that I'm pretty much messing with a water cooling level speed and voltage mix... I can do it with air :) I don't have a problem with the CPU hitting 65C, really... I mean, it can handle that...

I'm also still waiting for a fan that'll push more than what this 92mm is doing (not sure how much even, but if it's around 30CFM or so, I'm getting 75CFM soon)... that'll make for a rocker.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble, but my fellow friend has almost the exact same setup as you, except it is a 2500, and he has gotten it almost above 2.5 GHZ with much much cooler temps than this, and much lower RAM timings etc, and he did not change anything except fot he bought an slk-97, and a Tornado to go on top of that. If I only had the money to get a better HSF, and put some thermal paste on while I was at it, I think I could easily surpass 2.5.

Comment

If it keeps running at 65C I give the processor 6-12 months before you got to invest in a new one.

Comment

It doesn't 'run' at 69C, that's what Prime95's most intensive CPU testing did to it... that's like, never gonna happen otherwise, I don't think any game or app I use on a general basis is gonna do that to it... hasn't yet.

I'm about to install my new Smartfan II right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal11
                          I hate to burst your bubble, but my fellow friend has almost the exact same setup as you, except it is a 2500, and he has gotten it almost above 2.5 GHZ with much much cooler temps than this, and much lower RAM timings etc, and he did not change anything except fot he bought an slk-97, and a Tornado to go on top of that. If I only had the money to get a better HSF, and put some thermal paste on while I was at it, I think I could easily surpass 2.5.
                          Well, first of all, there is no bubble to burst. I've been overclocking for a few years now... I know that I am not blessed with a GREAT system... but I am pretty pleased to be blessed with a GOOD system. I know with more cooling and better memory this CPU is set for better things... I might have to stop using EPoX because of this annoying sound skipping when I type problem above 200mhz bus...

Comment

Dude, Prime 95 is 100% load, any game loads it about 100%. You'll be running aropund 60C or so in Games as well, and your CPU's life will be shortlived.

Comment

60C isn't so bad. It's when you start reaching the high 60s that you do need to fix something.

Comment

Working...
                              X