What am i doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am i doing wrong?

WIGGO I've set my 3200+ to 200 mhz FSB auto optimal and the multiplier is set to 11 i think and greyed out so i cant change it.
    The corsair 3700 mem is set up auto which also detects as 200mhz

I save bios and reset PC. it registers dual channel on screen and that the processor then says 3200+, the 3700 auto mem timings are set as 7-4-4-3. In xp, i can do anything but install an application i think, the PC freezes when i run a installation setup to install a program at normal operation of CPU and MEM timings. WHAT AM I DOIN WRONG?

On the xms heatsinks it says the speed of the mem. What does this mean?? Is 8-4-4-3 the fastest speed this mem will run at or is it the default timings. In this case why do my auto timings throw up 7-4-4-3 timings. when i reset the CMOS jumper settings to default the PC runs at 1.09 GHZ ans says 1100 at boot up. on 100 bus.

cpu external frequency= 200mhz
    cpu multiple setting AUTO
    frequency multiple 11.0X
    system performance OPTIMAL
    cpu interface OPTIMAL
    mem frequency AUTO
    resulting frequency AUTO
    memory timings OPTIMAL
    7--4-4-3T
    agp spread spectrum DISABLED
    cpu vcore setting AUTO
    cpu vcore 1.650( but in windows fluctuates between 1.696 and 1.712 at highest. is this safe?
    agp aperture size 64MB
    agp frequency AUTO
    system bios cacheable DISABLED
    video ram cacheable DISABLED
    ddr reference voltage 1.5V
    agp 8x support ENABLED
    agp fastwrite capability ENABLED

Thanks much again for help and advice.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Yes Beff he does fire off like a scatter gun doesn't he? But I think that his post is part of this thread here. :(

jamie_horwood control ya postin' all over the place will ya and why did ya buy PC3700 for when PC3500 should've been the highest that ya should've got? :confused:

Ya CPU voltage should be fine but ya memory voltage (DDR Reference Voltage) should be around 2.7-2.8v not 1.5v and manually change the timings to those stated by Corsair. :hammer:

Comment

i only have 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 reference voltage. Is this what corsair don't tell you to do or should this mem just run at stock voltage auto timings? this mem is apparrently preset PT version 3700. so at the automatic settings my system still doesn't lik it very much. the 3-4-4-8 timings must be the fastest timings for this mem. I don't know how to tell if the mem is trying to run at 466mhz. Can i also ask you what settings this memory should run stably at just 400mhz or can't i do that. It seems that i've mixed myself into a right pickle. I actually wish i'd have bought the 3200 low latency modules with the faster memory timings. i heard that 2x256 of these type sticks give best performance according to tomshardware.

I WILL LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES

Comment

Set the voltage to 2.7v and manually set those timings to Corsairs spec's. The memory can't be run at more than PC3200 as the BIOS will not recognise anything higher. I use PC3500 because it has the same timings as the PC3200 but then I have on occassions taken my FSB up to 220MHz and didn't want PC3200 goin' flakey on me at that speed and havin' to slow the timings down.

Comment

Should that force the memory to run at 400 then?
              CPu set to 200 Auto
              is 11.0x CPU multiplier ok.
              i set the cpu interface to optimal, system performance to optimal, mem freq to auto and the memory multiplies the bandwith to 400, but then the mem timings set at OPTIMAL are greyed out and showed these settings. 7-4-4-3T instead of the modules 8-4-4-3T.
              at these settings the computer seems to run but bearing i haven't even tweaked the ddr reference voltage from stock 2.6. but then when i install programs like asus probe or windows update the system restarts to bios then lopps this a few times.
              what does the FSB spectrum and does this affect what i am trying to do. the machine just pretty much doesn't like running the memory at user defined either, and ive tried the relaxed timings and setting it to 8-4-4-3T. GOD WHAT DO i have to do to even run this machine at the right speed let alone overclock. I'll try to take memory voltage up higher and see if this allows me to run stably without it freezing or restarting when installing an application. I honestly don't know what else to try. when i set the user defined timings to something like 14-8-8-3T it didn't POST.
              My temps at the moment are this so i don't think this could be causing the problem- here they are asus probe monitors
              cpu temp 24C
              motherboard temp 22C
              cpu fan 6490rpm
              power fan 1864rpm
              2295rpm
              +12v = 12.48
              + 5v = 5.08
              +3.3v = 3.376
              vcore = 1.696 - 1.712

i have pretty much done nothing until yesterday when i installed the nvidia forceware 53.03 driver for my graphics card.
              i've changed xp to best performance like you said before. i have only installed latest critical windows updatehotfixes and the 3 service pack 2 updates.

Comment

Working...
              X