Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 C for CPU core cool enough for you guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 C for CPU core cool enough for you guys?

My CPU core, which is a Barton 2500 that is OC'd a tad is running at 16 degrees C at the moment. I force air from the window, through ductwork to case in a hole cut just above the CPU H/S fan combo. There a fan directs the cold air, via a partial styrofoam cup taped to the side of the case to the top of the HS fan. I'm using air from the outside, which today is at 7.6 F

Sure keeps the old CPU and case cold!

Just had to come in a brag a bit.. haven't been in here for a day or two.:D

>See last post in this thread for pic<

:eek:

wow,very nice. too bad it wont stay like that once summer get's here :(

Comment

gimme pic gimme pic...and we want proof ;)

Comment

Ahh.. but it alomst does. The ductwork to get the cooler outside air is simple 3" automotive ducting. It attaches to the side of my case with a home-made tri-lock system I made from left over CD pancake bulk holder. In the summer I simply drop the hose over behind my computer desk to the AC vent and the hose pulls in the cold AC air from the floor. *S*

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=9308 Page 1 of this thread has a picture of it. No need to redisplay it here...just takes up too much space. Also How do I show the temp for the CPU in a jepg format? It's at 15 C right now, and I am running Hardware Sensor Monitor in the background and shows in the taskbar the current temp. Is there a way to save a screen shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Frost
          Is there a way to save a screen shot?
          sure, hit 'Print Screen' to capture whatever is on your screen. then open your favorite photo/image editor and paste or import the image from the clipboard. Then crop it and save it in your format of choice (please don't use bmp).

Comment

Ok, I managed to get a snapshot of the desktop with the program running showing the CPU temp. When I go to save it I had to save it as a .cpl as it is a clip board file. I cannot open it with Photoshop, ACDSee, or even MS Paint program. How do I "acquire" the image and edit it???

Never mind.. downloaded a progarm from www.download.com that allowed me to capture my screen and save it as a jpeg.. then I used Adobe Photshop 6 to crop it and here it is... for your viewing pleasures.

Comment

it's temporarily held in memory, so right after you press 'print screen' open M$ Paint and press ctr-v (paste) and it will 'paste' the image into Paint. It's been some time since I used Photoshop, but if i recal it's similar to Gimp, which I posted a screen shot of in my last post. Although, Gimp also offers its own utlitiy to take screen shots, which you can also see in my last post, but I was refering to 'From Clipboard'

Don't try to open the clipboard file directly :)

Comment

The the picture of the screen shot.. Notice the little program to the side called ScreenPrint?? That's what I used to make a jpeg of this and then crop it with an image software. Kind of nice little program.

Comment

By the way, minibubba, I tried you way after I had posted this picture, and your way is cheap and very effective. I did as you said in paint program, saved the file as a jpeg and there it is. How about you!!! my hats off to minibubba.. I'll keep my coat on though.. it's only 7.3 F here in Fennville, Michigan. *S*

Comment

anytime Frost :) but please keep that coat on, I don't think I want to see what is (or not) under it ;)

Comment

haven't you guys taught about the humidity from outside ?!?!?!?:smokin:

Comment

Well, I haven't noticed any problems with humidty whatsoever since I've been using this, and in March it will be a year. The cool (reads COLD) air from outside is humid alright, but the CPU is running already and is at some 60 degrees F. Humidity build up when you take someting (an object, like glasses) and get them cold outside and then come into where it's warm with even a hint of humidity in the air and they will fog up. Go right outside and the almost instantly clear up. Point is, if the HS was bitter cold and was outside , when I brought it in, it would start to condense. As is, the air is constant, the temperture fluctuates a very little bit, and there has been no difficulties with condensation in my part.

Comment

oh well, that's cool :D

Comment

cold/winter=no, or very low humidity:cheers:

Comment

i sould maybe try this :p but the windows is to far from my computa

Comment

Working...
                              X