New FireFox 0.8 (aka Firebird)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FireFox 0.8 (aka Firebird)

Hey, check it out. The newest browser from the Mozilla gang is out!
    Man it's alot better, one of the best improvements is that now it knows what to do with all those problematic file types, like .WMA, and the others.
    Plus the download manager has been revamped and it's faster and delete actually works now if you're into that kind of thing.

Anyways, here's the link!
    Mozilla’s family of products are all designed to keep you safer and smarter online

The whole Mozilla site is lagged right now, but I guess that's a good sign! It's getting recognized! As usual, support what isn't
    Micro$oft. Personally I haven't used IE in months; once you get the flash and java plugins installed, there is NOTHING bad about Firebird, or now FireFOX.

Give it a try guys! Don't be another Micro$ucky Llamma :snip: BRRAAAAWWWWWRRR

Laters,
    bagga

<center>

</center>

as long as it is still the same great browser I've been using since it was called phoenix, I'll be happy.

0.8 was due last month, but I'm excited that it's finally arrived :D

*Thunderbird 0.5 (email) as also been released
    Mozilla Firebird evolves into the new Firefox 0.8 release. Thunderbird 0.5 released.

February 9, 2004 (the Internet)Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5: Enterprise-grade email

The Mozilla Foundation also announced the latest preview release of its new email application, Mozilla Thunderbird.

Responding to strong interest in Thunderbird among enterprises and educational institutions, Thunderbird 0.5 includes numerous improvements aimed at enterprise users:

* The ability to synchronize address books with Palm devices;
    * IMAP performance and interoperability improvements;
    * Secure password authentication using SSPI NTLM for SMTP and POP3;
    * Improved LDAP support;
    * Improved migration from Netscape 4.x;
    * Improved spell checker and English dictionary;
    * Numerous other bug fixes and improvements.

Comment

Sweet! :thumb: I didn't know Thunderbird 5 came out. I personally like the Firefox + Thunderbird much better than the whole inegrated Mozilla deal. It seems to be faster and more configurable.

peace
      bagga

Comment

hehe sounds great!

But until I run into any probs or find anything IE6 can't do I'll stay with it and avoid unnecessary installs.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
          But until I run into any probs or find anything IE6 can't do I'll stay with it..
          you don't know what you're missing ;)

:smokin: this should tell you something, from the texturizer.net site:
          Getting hit too hard from this new firefox release. Try another mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker

But until I run into any probs or find anything IE6 can't do I'll stay with it and avoid unnecessary installs.. :)
            Pop-up blockers?

Im stoked. I just recently starting using mozilla. First I used the whole deal, then I switched to firebird, and now I just finished installing firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
              :smokin: this should tell you something, from the texturizer.net site:
              Could be telling me that their 10kbit upload is getting hammered. :D

Comment

popup blocker rules on mozilla. I have it set to not allow any except for the sites I say, which is nice!!!
                I finally downloaded firefox, took a little trying, but now i got it.
                Mozilla =
                IE is swiss cheese :thumbs do

Comment

Just got it installed, its nice for it to finally be an installer. Not to mention the fact it imports all your old Firebird settings. The DL manager is also a big plus for me being on dialup :D

Comment

I always liked Firebird... now they go change the name to FireFox. Just keeps getting better and better.:hammer:

Comment

call me old fashioned, but I rather like the Walnut theme :thumb:
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                        call me old fashioned, but I rather like the Walnut theme :thumb:
                        ok, you're old fashioned :D

:laugh: i see some of you like the link in my first post, there are more here, like the one in my sig: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons.html
                        but be warned you can't do a straight copy-paste, it needs a little editing first

Comment

OK, I just recieved an interesting question from an individual with some degree of visual impairment.

Does Firefox work with MS Agent characters?
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                            Does Firefox work with MS Agent characters?
                            I hate to admit it, but i don't even know what M$ Agent characters are :confused:

Comment

Isn't that Microsoft's crappy Text to speech engine. And it has those terrible looking 3d models, that look like they are actualy speaking. buit they arn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X