• Show
Clear All

• O/c 2800+

Help..Im new to the O/Cing thing.

AMD 2800+ Barton
    DFI NFII Ultra A
    1GB DDR400
    ATI Radeon 9600XT

I went in my BIOS and was messin around with the FSb..whenever I go above 166 i hafta reset the jumper.. Also while im here..
    Can anyone tell me how to enable applets?:o

Edit: Im using water cooling

Originally posted by Pakman{GB}
    Help..Im new to the O/Cing thing.

AMD 2800+ Barton
    DFI NFII Ultra A
    1GB DDR400
    ATI Radeon 9600XT

I went in my BIOS and was messin around with the FSb..whenever I go above 166 i hafta reset the jumper..
    In ya BIOS have ya got ya memory frequency set to "By SPD" or "Auto"? If "By SPD then switch it to "Auto" and try it again (By SPD will have the memory runnin' faster than the FSB, 200MHz/166MHz). Also is that CPU a locked one or not? If not then ya may run it at a multplier of 10.5 and a FSB of 200MHz for more performance.

Comment

MEmory frequency was set at auto..I did the multiplyer thing and now my 2800+ is at 3000+ ... Is there a way to make it faster? I am just wondering. and How would i se my multiplyer and my FSb to make it faster..my Mobo's FSB goes upto 300

Comment

Can i raise the multiplayers..along with the FSb..for faster??

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          Also is that CPU a locked one or not? If not then ya may run it at a multplier of 10.5 and a FSB of 200MHz for more performance.
          With a 0.1v CPU increase those settings givin' should be possible and then just raise the multiplier as far as stable and then try uppin' the FSB (CPU-Z should verify those settings).

Comment

TY Wiggo... I d/l that thing and it says im at a 3000+ Barton.. Thanks man!

Comment

You should definitely try to squeeze a little more speed out of that sucker dude.
              :thumb:
              FSB is ideal at 200MHz for your DDR400MHz memory, but you could try raising the multiplier a little. Try the following:

Raise the multiplier to 11 x 200 MHz with Vcore set to 1.70V, Check for stability using Prime95 torture test while monitoring CPU temps. A stable system will run this test for at least a couple of hours without reporting errors. CPU temps should ideally remain under 50C, anything over 55C could cause instability or shorten CPU life.

If you want to be a little more agressive try this:

Raise the multiplier to 11.5 x 200 MHz with Vcore set to 1.75V
              and memory voltage at 2.7V

By the way, what Heatsink+fan combination are you using? To OC to 2.3GHz it would be best to have a decent HSF such as Thermalright's SLK947 with a fan pushing 50CFMs or a Swiftech MCX462-V with a 50 CFM fan. Remeber that a decent airflow in your case is also essential for OC'ing. Hope that hepls!

Comment

hes using watercooling so he should be ok, but i have a related question.

i have an xp barton 2500+ atm my multiplyer is at 12.5 with a fsb of 182 giving me jsut over 2000 mhz , if i try and go any higher it will not boot up at all

Comment

Working...
                X