woo hoo! i'm a noooooooooooob!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woo hoo! i'm a noooooooooooob!!!!

ok, so after spending awhile reading thread after thread here and there, i finally get into the computer and do some tweaking. now because i'm too cheap to go buy a faster setup for no real good reason, i figure if i blow the processor, then i would.....lol. anyways, i have an athlon 1200 and pulled it, found out the L1 bridges were intact. i did not expect this. anyway, so i throw it back in and start with a benchmark on my system before i change anything, especially the cpu temp. after a few adjustments in the bios, my system runs as follows:

cpu: 1200>>>>1423
    fsb: 133>>>>150
    mult. 9.0>>>>9.5
    temp: 38c>>>>41c
    vcore: 1.75>>>1.85
    vdimm: 2.60>>>2.80

now i have read where you could get up to 1550 on the processor, but it wouldn't boot on my system at that speed.

so, to see how this thing would run, i played bf1942 for 2 hours.......WOW......what a difference. oh, cpu temp stayed about 41.5 degrees during gameplay.

now to go get an athlon xp 2400!

well, you overclocked that cpu greatly, even if it fried, it would'nt be a big lose anyways:rolleyes: .

you should go for that 2400+, but if it could be a barton that would help a lot more

Comment

I'd look into getting a 2500+ Barton. It's only $8usd more, but it'll o/c a heck of a lot better IMHO. Anyways, thats some nice tweaking you've done. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

thanks for the props guys. just got another stick of 512 and the clock is still at 300. seems pretty stable where it at. think i might drop the fsb by 5 and call it a day on that board.

think i'll go the athlon xp route and a agp8x board.

got an 8x card running at 4x, maybe that will be the next bios fix, though i don't know if bios updates include agp fixes.

Comment

BIOS updates can't alter what is designed into hardware.

Comment

Working...
          X