• Show
Clear All

• 1942 game video,music.(2.76MB)

made me laugh...:shoot3:

i think i saw that about a year ago, but it's still funny to watch :thumb:

Comment

Argh...Eminem...sucks...

*kills some random person*

Still, nice how they timed it to the song...but such a horrible song...was it necessary to use it?

Comment

The clip wouldn't have been the same without it. :) And that clip came out before the song had been played to death, so it didn't grate so much at the time.

Comment

No, it's not that the song has been played so much, it's that Eminem just sucks more than Linkin Park...if possible. If not, then they're in second place on the list of Bands That Suck.

*expects a flame to ensue*

Comment

well, you know what they say about opinions... ;)

Comment

Eh, you mean the 'ol "opinions are like *******s, and most of them stink" saying? Yeah, that's definetly one of the more true things out there. Unfortunately, my opinion don't stink in this situation, because it's relatively true. Come on, you can't say that Eminem is good when compared to other artists. You want real songwriting, check out metal, rock, jazz, and blues. That's where all the good people generally end up. I'm not saying that our candy-coloured friend isn't completely talent-less, but he's much too highly rated for what he does.

Comment

everyone has different tastes, that's what I'm saying. Besides, if everyone had the same opinion of our little peroxide friend he wouldn't have nearly as much money as he does and you wouldn't hear his songs blasting from every other car that drives by.

But crapping on Linkin Park isn't going to get you any favors with this mod:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
                  Unfortunately, my opinion don't stink in this situation, because it's relatively true. Come on, you can't say that Eminem is good when compared to other artists. You want real songwriting, check out metal, rock, jazz, and blues.
                  As mini was saying, each to their own. I like that fact that you think your opinion is the 'correct' one. :) It's like getting marks in an art class. Who's to say what's good art and what's not? Everyone has their own likes and dislikes... You can't tell other people their opinions are wrong in cases like this.

Comment

Come on, you can't say that Eminem is good when compared to other artists.

First of, since when are Eminem a band? Do ya homework kid before ya speak.. :rolleyes2

The man is nothing less than a genious IMO.

You want real songwriting, check out metal, rock, jazz, and blues.

Eminem does rap, nice comparison.. Ya born 88 and listen to jazz & blues..? Yeah you if anyone should dizz him then..

Now as stated everyone to their own.

Comment

First of, since when are Eminem a band? Do ya homework kid before ya speak..

The man is nothing less than a genious IMO.
                      As mini was saying, each to their own. I like that fact that you think your opinion is the 'correct' one. It's like getting marks in an art class. Who's to say what's good art and what's not? Everyone has their own likes and dislikes... You can't tell other people their opinions are wrong in cases like this.
                      Heh, I know that it's all a matter of preference, of course, but I do not consider Eminem to be a genious. There are much better rap artists out there than him. I don't like rap, but I certainly know good music when I hear it - he's the type that appeals to teenagers who want to rebel against some obscure and ultimately false cause. Not only that, but he relies on swearing, drugs, etc. in every song of his. Now, I'm not a musical genious like Eminem supposedly is, but when someone has to cram "f*ck" into every sentence of every song, well, something isn't right.

I know that people have different opinions than others, and I can easily accept that. It's not like I'm out to get those who like things I don't. However, bad music is simply bad. I don't like to listen to all forms of music, but I can still tell when something is good and something is bad. I don't trash things that I don't like for the sole reason that I don't like them.

minem does rap, nice comparison.. Ya born 88 and listen to jazz & blues..? Yeah you if anyone should dizz him then..
                      What the hell does that even mean? The sound of an old song doesn't change over time, and if it's good when it was made, then it's going to be good thirty years later. Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, and The Beatles are all examples of this.

As for Linkin Park...well, I can't say much, but know that while their songs are indeed somewhat catchy, they seriously lack in any talent, relying on synthesisers, single, repetative phrases, and their whiny singing in order to sound decent. They have no instrumental parts, the chorous is played every fifteen seconds due to the length of the songs, and everything is just plain weak.

And just to show you what good songwriting is, take a listen to a song like Dance Of Death or Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Here's the lyrics to Hallowed Be Thy Name - and the lyrics are only half of the song's majesty. Just read over these and tell me that it is not worlds beyond what Eminem and Linkin Park have come up with. I know that lyrics are again just half the battle, but I also can't convey the sheer artistic brilliance of the music itself with mere text alone.

-----------------

Artist: Iron Maiden
                      Album: The Number Of The Beast
                      Song: Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
                      Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
                      'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole
                      The sands of time for me are running low

When the priest comes to read me the last rites
                      I take a look through the bars at the last sights
                      Of a world that has gone very wrong for me

Can it be there's some sort of error
                      Hard to stop the surmounting terror
                      Is it really the end not some crazy dream

Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming
                      It's not so easy to stop from screaming
                      But words escape me when I try to speak
                      Tears they flow but why am I crying
                      After all I am not afraid of dying
                      Don't believe that there is never an end

As the guards march me out to the courtyard
                      Someone calls from a cell "God be with you"
                      If there's a God then why has he let me die?

As I walk all my life drifts before me
                      And though the end is near I'm not sorry
                      Catch my soul 'cause it's willing to fly away

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
                      Please don't worry now that I have gone
                      I've gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
                      maybe then you'll begin to understand
                      Life down there is just a strange illusion.

-----------------

Now, I'm not stating that Eminem, Linkin Park, and all of the other similar bands are horrible, but really, you act like they are better. They are just less talented, plain and simple, and that's really all I've ever been saying in the first place.

Comment

As for Linkin Park, Beefy...well, I can't say much, but know that while their songs are indeed somewhat catchy, they seriously lack in any talent, relying on synthesisers, single, repetative phrases, and their whiny singing in order to sound decent. They have no instrumental parts, the chorous is played every fifteen seconds due to the length of the songs, and everything is just plain weak.
                        I think that was aimed at minibubba.. :) but I'll take offense to it all the same.

Comment

Whoops, wrong person there, heh. Didn't notice that bubba had changed his avatar...and the colours of yours and his are similar. That's probably what messed me up with that.

*runs off*

Comment

have you actually listened to the words of Linkin Park songs? They have a bit more depth than most people seem to realize.

As far as I'm concenerd, there is no such thing as bad music. There is certainly music I don't care to listen to (Iron Maiden for example :p ), but there is no bad music. If you like it, then great, if you don't then move on or buy ear plugs.

*runs off*
                            *chases him down and beats him with a Linkin Park Album*:devil:

Comment

Bad music? Yes, there is bad music. While personal preference is part of the equation, you can certainly tell when something is good and bad just by listening to it. Linkin Park and Eminem aren't the worst things to ever hit the Earth, but they're nowhere near as good as people make them out to be, and they certainly don't have anywhere near the level of talent of other people. Of course, talent never equals success, and quite often, the less-talented are the ones that succeed.

And you don't really do the quoting style of debating here, do you? Hmm...

*gets up and sics Eddie (if you don't know who he is, all the better) on minibubba*

Comment

Working...
                              X