the best gaming device for CS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best gaming device for CS?

Well, all the talk about HF and CS..I decided to pick up the platinum pack. I played the game only a few times...hmm Didn't last but a few seconds :)... I have been hanging around in the training area for the past few days and been doing better with the controls.

My main problem is that I am using my mouse and keyboard since I can't get my Wingman digital extreme joystick to work (via game port). I have read a few articles about loosing features on the devices that connect using the gameport as compared to the USB port.

Since then I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad but it look exactly like my cheap/old propad 6 by interact. I tried to set ip up in CS but it wont detect the movements using the up,down,left and right ....8way D pad.

Now I am in seek of another gaming device that is perferred to be playing CS.

any opinions or recommendations?

My advice would be to use your KB and Mouse, a gamepad would be way too slow to be effective...

Comment

I agree.. to play games like CS / HL properly, there is no beating a standard keyboard and a top notch mouse. People just don't play FPS games with gamepads / sticks.. that's why FPS games on console don't seem to be as popular as on PC (with a couple exceptions...)

Comment

I find mashing my head into the keyboard gets me headshots everytime in CS.

Comment

headshots or a headache? how many blows to the head have you taken this way? :D

Comment

I am getting use to the keyboard and mouse...I guess I need to configure the controls to for my optimized performance...

Anyone want to play with a newbie....but here are the rules...

You can't fire upon me unless I fire upon you :)
            You can't sneak up on me or take a shot from behind or above :)
            You can't kill me with in 1 min of the game :)

Ha!.....
            See, I told you I was not that strict!

Comment

i'll play you, you take a colt, i'll have the glock, or dual berattas :p
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

And I shall join in :). Cos I can :).

Well, I can't really. But the intention is there.

Comment

Yes, the KB + mouse have done for FPS's, what the stick shift has done for car racing, (opposed to a throttle)

I cannot stand consoles anymore because of the lack of presicion in the controls. If you think you are good at a console FPS with a normal controller, give me a KB and mouse and I will beat the pants off you.

Comment

When would be a good time to play?

Comment

Gimme 5mins to strap my mousepad to my forehead and ill be ready
                      :D

Comment

Ok, here is what we do....we need to set a date and time...tomorrow night...you got to remeber I am in the states and you guys have to take in consideration of the time zone bull crap....

Comment

KB n mouse rulz!, dont think theres is any other way i wud play CS..unless i could have a nueral link or somethin lol. Im in THK if ne one knows them

[THK] Shepps

Comment

Anyone ever tried one of those Nostromo n50 Gamepads?
                            A friend of a friend got one, and he says its great. It replaces the keyboard in CS with ten buttons, and he says its as fast as a normal keyboard. Hmmmmm. Just thinking out loud...

Comment

I find that a USB optical mouse helps ALOT aswell....not sure why, I guess the higher sample rate give better accuracy or something :)

Comment

Working...
                              X