9600 XT overdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9600 XT overdrive?

whats this overdrive you get with the 9600XT's I here about? I've got a new 9600XT (2.5) but can't see any overdrive option in my seyyings?

What Catalyst drivers are you using?

Comment

I first tried 4.2 but am now using 3.10

Comment

AFAIK, Overdrive is part of the 4.x drivers....

Comment

well I've just loaded 4.2 back up and don't see any "overdrive" options!

Comment

nah! bugger the 4.xx drivers! I like to play BF1942 with 1024 x 768 x 32bit @ 100MHz and using the 4.xx drivers it looks crappy as though I've got vsinc off but with 3.10 it looks so nice and runs sweet as.......

Comment

try Rage 3D it oc`s the 9600xt sweet and fast :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

If you have a Sapphire card, overdrive doesnt work with them. I have a 9600XT also, and I cant use overdrive. I dont know if this is because the Sapphire cards dont include a temp. prode or what (which they dont).:cheers:

Comment

Unless the R9600XT is fitted with an intergrated heat sensor attached to the core then the overdrive feature will not work (yes Sapphire don't fit those sensors yet) but the overdrive feature is pretty useless really as it only varies the speed of the core depending on the core's temp (it can not adjust memory speeds) so if ya really want to overclock use a proper overclocking app that will do both core and memory and lock them at a certain speed (havin' ya core go up and down all the time ain't what I call fun).

Comment

Working...
                  X