Konica Minolta Dimage Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konica Minolta Dimage Z1

I needed a digital camera with a very long optical zoom and I went and bough the Konica Minolta Dimage Z1 which has a x10 optical zoom.
    For storage I use a 256MB secure digital stick.

Specs:
    3.2-megapixel CCD.
    Electronic optical viewfinder (EVF).
    1.5-inch color TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating.
    10x, 5.8-58mm lens, equivalent to a 38-380mm lens on a 35mm camera.
    4x digital zoom.
    Automatic, Program AE,Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure modes, plus five preset Digital Subject Program modes.
    Shutter speeds from 1/1,000 to 15 seconds, with a Bulb setting for exposures as long as 30 seconds.
    Maximum aperture f/2.8 to f/3.5, depending on lens zoom position.
    Built-in flash with five modes.
    External flash hot shoe for Minolta accessory flash units.
    SD/MMC memory card storage, 16MB card included.
    Images saved as JPEG files.
    ----------------------------------------

The Dimage Z1 is one of the best bargains on the market for a long-zoom digicam atm and it will go with me when I travel. It can also shot quicktime movies with sound in 640x480 which is a much higher res than usually seen on cameras in this pricerange. The movie length is limited only by the space avaliable on card.

(The flash is also one of the most powerful I've seen on a digital camera.)

A bunch of pics:

damn a dot won't do

Comment

another dot

Comment

another

Comment

yet another

Comment

good buy

Comment

the flash

Comment

done a fair amount of photography in my time and know a few pros (including dear 'ole dad) and Minolta's never been one of their favorites, or mine

always felt 'cheap' in my hands...

Comment

Minolta has never sold to much of any of their older cameras but I think the Z1 and soon to come Z2 can change that. It's just hard to find this specs/price ratio with any other brand. But generally I prefer Sony and did in fact look in to their F828 which is a pro cam with 8Megapixels and x8 optical zoom but then I decided to go for a lower level and save my money. The zoom is what I need the most anyway and the Z1 got x10 so it'l do for my use.

For movie making I'll use my Sony DSR-PD150P camcorder.

Comment

well i'm partial to nikon and canon personally, but i might check out these camera's next time i'm in the store, just for kicks i suppose :mrgreen:

*i think we have very different ideas of what a 'pro' camera is ;)

Comment

Ok this is getting of topic now but:

Sonys DSC-F828 has some downsides yes but it's still counted to the "prosumer" group IMO, it's beaten by Konicas Minolta DiMAGE A2 though which is a mighty fine camera! It's hard to find a better performer under $1.000 dollars IMHO.

Preferd brands are one thing but can you honestly say that Minoltas A2 is a bad cam??

If so then I wonder what cameras you use.. LOL

This thread is about my Minolta Dimage Z1 which is a cheap consumer cam with very good specs for it's prize and I just hope to god you ain't comparing it with some more expensive Nikon/Canon cameras..

Comment

alright, i'm just going to drop it :laugh:

Comment

Well you have to excuse me but you might play with $3.000 cameras and if so what can I say..?

I'm talking about a more 'normal' consumer level here you little camera snob.. :rofl:

Comment

We aren't all camera snobs here at TT. I still use the Brownie Hawkeye
                            flash I got in 1958. Works great with Fuji 100-T120 film. : omg:
                            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                              I'm talking about a more 'normal' consumer level here you little camera snob.. :rofl:
                              yayaya, you're just jelous :P :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X