Case running too hot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case running too hot!

I have a Chenbro X-pider or gamer bomb with 2 vantec steath 120 and 92 mm on the front, and the cpu temperature goes from a close case 43c to a 38c with the case open.
    The cpu is a P4 (2.8 GHz) with the stock thermal solution. I was gonna replace the heatsink because the one I have is too loud (i can't even hear the vantecs) but should I change the fans as well?

Comment

Isn't the intake and exaust a big issue, what if I get a heatsink like Thermalright SP-94 or Swiftech MCX478-V

Comment

Seems like ya over pressurisin' the case with that 120mm and 92mm as intakes with only the PSU doin' the exhaust end from what ya've stated so the case is havin' trouble gettin' rid of all the air that comin' in thus ya gettin' a build up of warm air inside it. Your case should only have slightly more air goin' in than what's bein' extracted.

Comment

Seems like ya over pressurisin' the case with that 120mm and 92mm as intakes with only the PSU doin' the exhaust end from what ya've stated so the case is havin' trouble gettin' rid of all the air that comin' in thus ya gettin' a build up of warm air inside it. Your case should only have slightly more air goin' in than what's bein' extracted.
          120 exaust 92 intake

Comment

Originally posted by dorima27
            120 exaust 92 intake
            Well as you stated, "with 2 vantec steath 120 and 92 mm on the front", one can only go on your words but then ya'd likely be runnin' to much negative pressure. If its the same case as reviewed here then I'd either replace the 120mm fan with an 80mm one or more likely I'd add an 80mm one to the side panel as an intake fan over the AGP/PCI slots to better balance the airflow.

Comment

Working...
            X