Weird Sharing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Sharing Problem

ok, got winxp corporate on this pc, it hosts the main MYOB database for the buisness problem is since 2 or so days ago it has been refusing to share or show up in the network, when the computer 1st boots and you go to my computer there is the little hand thingo under the c drive icon, then i go into c and the 2 folders that need to be shared are shared....

but within a few seconds, or if you refresh those hand things dissapear, i cant get into the sharing options and the computer disappears from the network. I can still use the net fine though so obviousely it doesnt completely drop out. any thoughts would be very helpful

a) there's no such this as XP Corporate. It's either Pro or Home. People who say 'corporate' are indicating that they used a CD-Key that didn't require activation. We are going to assume it's legit.

b) Can you still ping between computers? If not, then it's a network problem. If so, then I'd consider removing your network card from the hardware list and rebooting so it picks it all up again.

Comment

yeah what i meant by corporate or whatever is its the one used by the buisness so i just assumed and whatever but anyway i got the problem fixed

dunno if this'll help anyone else but i could ping other pc's and stuff fine so i went into the command prompt and typed "net share" it then said that server or something wasnt running would you like to enable it? so i said yes and it worked fine, as soon as the guys downstairs are free i'll reboot the pc and have a look

Comment

You didn't disable any services recently, did you?

Comment

:no: :thumbs do
          Careful with doing that.

If you have disabled any services, make sure Network Location Awareness (NLA), Server, and Workstation are all set to automatic.

Comment

Working...
          X