Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcano 12 returns to default settings from power off - He

Greetings all!

Somewhat my first post at this fine forum..

The "case": my Thermaltake Hardcano 12 returns to default settings when I turn of the PC.... Is this correct?

Cheers!
    CHF

it shouldnt...are you turning the PSU off, or just shutting off windows, and the power button?

Comment

Hi there!

I have connected it to my PC with a Enermax PSU and then closed windows/the computer. waited 10 seconds and turned on - bact to default settings :(

do yours work? If I my try another PSU and another computer at my friend's...

Cheers!
      CHF

Comment

i dont have one :p

Comment

The TT Hardcano 12 mod @ remember settings

For pictures and guide see this thread:
          http://forum.vapochill.com/showthrea...&threadid=6741

My tale:
          To not only monitor my hot spots – but also to fan control and to adjust fan speed according to the monitored hot spot – I found the ThermalTake Hardcano 12.
          Drawbacks of the unit:
          - After some time it makes a weak constant tone. This is my second unit doing this (for more see this at www.tweaktown.com)
          - The unit is unable to “remember” your settings (Auto or Manual and so on) hence I found the following mod using the “always on” 5 volt line of the PSU:

1) Remove the alarm unit (see picture) or else it will go of as you turn of your pc (fans stops)

2) Isolate the + and - 5 volts line to the Hardcano and connect it directly to your PSU with wires (see picture). The +5 volts line (the red from the molex) should go to the “+5VSB” (according to my PSU manual) and the “-5” or 0 volts line (the black) should go to any of the “COM”.

3) The Hardcano is supplied with 12 volts from the molex. Only as a precaution I have also connected a relay on the 12 volts line so that nothing whatsoever “creeps” back to the rest of the turned of PC system when the Hardcano is supplied with the 5 volts none stop.

Finished! The Hardcano “display settings” is now on whether the PC is on or off (as long as the PSU has power of course). When the PC is turned on, the +12 volts line gets power and thus the attached fans will start up!

Tested and developed by me with help from Skull_Breaker and ZackGem – merci!

CHF

Comment

Re: Hardcano 12 returns to default settings from power off - He

Just to let others know that my hardcano 12 has memory even when the computer powers off, apparently its the revision 2 of the unit.
            others have had the same experience:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...light=hardcano

However, the LCD of this unit emits a high pitched noise!!!!
            its not that loud, but had a very annoying pitch and quality about it...

Any idea how a similar mod can be made to turn the hardcano 12 LCD off, but keep the fans on?

Comment

Working...
            X