CPU at wrong mhz on ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU at wrong mhz on ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

Ok, as mentioned in the topic, the mother board in question is the nForce 2 based Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. The CPU I have in there is an AMD ATHLON XP 3000 (Barton 333 mhz).

When windows boots up and I diagnose the CPU with Asus program it tells me that the CPU, while a 3000, is only running at 2.16 ghz. I know this is something to do with the frequency settings in BIOS, but Ive tried fooling around and nothing seems to work (I get a lot of freezes, but little else). Does anyone know this M/B and what settings I need to put into BIOS to get my CPU running at the speed it should?

Even directions to a website where I could obtain this information would be appraciated. Asus support has been of very little help. Thanks.

Ummm... 2166MHz (2.16 GHz) is the correct speed for a 3000+ processor.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ok, thank you. A friend actually said something to the effect that the ghz on an AMD chip is not a reflection of the actuall speed it operates as equivalent to a pentium chip. This is my first AMD processor so Im still a newbie at it. Thanks for you help anyway. I will stop trying to fry it in the bios now ;)

Comment

Actually, is it likely that I have damaged my CPU or motherboard with my niave screwing around?. If so, how will I know (It seems to be working ok at the moment)

Comment

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=376

Though this guide is a bit dated, the principles are still applicable. Check it out and you'll have a little more insight as to what you can do to "play".

And if you're system still works fine, then it is highly unlikely you damaged your processor. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Well it has started refering to itself as "SkyNet", should I be worried? ;)

On a more serious note, thanks for the link.

:)

Comment

skynet? THE SKYNET ?? quick send it to the govner of California...NOW!!
              k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
              recycled from the trash [and in use]
              2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
              3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
              in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

SkyNet has become self aware It must be Turmunated! :shoot2: :laugh:

Comment

Arrrghh! Look at the date on G13man's post. He's a terminator sent back in time from the future.

:shock:

Comment

Working...
                  X