X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google announces new 1gig email service

:D Cnn.com

Cnn news source

Found it very funny that Microsoft and yahoo did not wish to comment on this at all. :P [/i]

Doesnt anyone else see the connection?

APRIL FOOLS!

Dude, I know google is rich and all, but really, 1GB of FREE email? Not gonna happen, atleast not this year.

Comment

Actually Dude this **** is no damn joke. This is for real...no **** about it

Comment

Again, Ill believe it when I see it. I have heard from many other sources that it is in fact an april fools joke. Due to the fact that no one can be sure, I would think all the news sources would be forced to cover it as if it was not. Ill wait and see.

Didnt stop me from signing up for the newsletter thingy they provide:)

Comment

If you wanna be hard headed, fine, but this is for real, it just happaned to be released on the 1st. They wouldn't go through and do all the **** they've done for a damn joke...and heres something else for you to look at Click

Comment

So its being released in a few weeks? Then Ill come back in a few weeks and admit that I was wrong.

Comment

The site is up, the service just isn't. It's on many news sites, and Google has gone to a lot of trouble creating EULAs and similar stuff. If it's fake, it's one of the most elaborate April Fool's jokes of all time.

Comment

It is scheduled to begin this year back about August when they said that.
                Of course, we are familiar with schedules aren't we :D

Only beta now - about 1,000 participants.
                As it is ad-supported I see little difficulty in having 1Gb of space per user. I mean, they don't need all of it the first day. Storage can always be added as required.
                I have every intention of signing up when the service is offered to the public. For now I'm signed up for the updates - available at the second link above.

No - the timing might seem poorly chosen but this has been in development for some time.
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyck15
                  Doesnt anyone else see the connection?

APRIL FOOLS!

Dude, I know google is rich and all, but really, 1GB of FREE email? Not gonna happen, atleast not this year.

Cnn new sources Don't joke... :wink:

I love google and all of the Genius features that they have come up with, Launguage translations, Image search, also note that 4 out of every 5 searches on the internet use Google. :shock:

Comment

Oh yea, I also love google. Had the IE google tool bar untill I got mozilla:) And If it is real, I also fully plan on making it my primary email service, no more MSN emails that I can't report as spam :)

But Im still not 100% sure. Like I said, I have heard elsewhere that it is in fact fake. Though that just makes it thier word against yours. Well have to see. I cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Dyck15

But Im still not 100% sure. Like I said, I have heard elsewhere that it is in fact fake. Though that just makes it thier word against yours. Well have to see. I cant wait!
                      It's not my"word", its Cnn's(www.cnn.com)'s Word.

And of course you have"heard that its a fake", if this new service launches, yahoo msn and aol will have to spend major$$$$ to upgrade just to compete and not become obsolete.

Just like typical Fud, someone who most likey is a"Groupie" for either msn yahoo or Aol will tell people that this is fake before this so called fake service has a chance to prove it self.

And I also will ditch my yahoo accounts, but not msn because I use their messenger, for Googles gigamail no matter what the cost maybe(but no higher than 15 a month) because Google has contributed Mind's help people find what they are looking at the speed of light(Electricity :roll: )

Comment

No no, you got it all wrong. Im not one of those "groupies". As I said, Ill ditch my MSN account when/if it comes out. I used to see people with yahoo emails that were able to get an MSN passport and could use that yahoo account with MSN Messenger, so if that is still possible, that is my plan. Else looks like Ill keep my hotmail as well.

And I meant its pretty much some other human beings word against yet another human being. Not specifically you, or anyone else. Sorry if you took that offensively in any way.

Just wanted to clear those to issues up.

Comment

Okay, Okay I know you're not a groupie I was refering to The news source you heard from that Gigamail was a fake/fraud.... :peace2:

Comment

The rumors are true
                            Keep in mind, this proposed service is in beta at this time
                            No way of knowing if this will be launched as a service from Google or if it shall forever remain a grand experiment
                            I have high hopes, but it is all up to Google

Nothing for us to do at this time but wait for news/updates/announcements
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                            X