OC'ing my P4 1.7Ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC'ing my P4 1.7Ghz

Ok, I have it OC'd up to 1.8GHz (106x8) on a VIA P4PA. The temperatures are currently holding at 40C CPU and 40C Case.

Do you think I can get it up to around 1.85GHz or higher safely?

what kind of cooling do you have?!?

Comment

A 1.7Ghz proc. to 1.8Ghz 8) Thats no big feat, you could take that thing to 2.0Ghz most likely..possibly higher. Might want to consider a better cooler tho

Comment

Yeah, all I have right now is 3 case fans (1 120mm top, 1 80mm front 1 80mm back), I also put a 40mm HSF on my gForce4 MX440SE. I've been thinking about adding another HSF to my chipset to work the same way as my processor HSF.

Thing is with a 300Watt PSU, I may not have enough power to keep everything running (I imagine another 40mm wouldn't make much differnece though).

The other problem is that the type of case i'm running http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=184 , is a real pain to cool. Plus it doesn't allow enough room for watercooling (and i'm also majorly broke :lol: so I can't even afford a new case). So you kinda see my dilema.

Comment

You dont need water cooling for a P4 1.7Ghz and a MX 440. Spend your money on a new processor/mobo/ram and then worry about the cooling. But if your short on cash and feel you need your case to be lounder buy a new HSF. (I reccommend the spark 7 from thermaltake.)

Comment

Working...
          X