need some help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help here

ok, i got a computer that for some reason, the monitor doesn't seem to get signal from the video card, the computer itself turns on fine or at least it does sounds fine, but the monitor light is at yellow. i got everything connected and i've tested every part of it on other computers(besides the psu, which should be working fine since its new, bought it yesterday,and it turns everything on).

computer specs:
    athlon xp 1800+
    gigabyte 7vaxp
    512mb pc-3200
    1 20gb and 1 3gb hdd
    linkworld case with 300watt psu
    ati radeon 7500

the monitor works fine when connecting to my computer.
    i had this same problem with my computer setup but it was only the time i installed it, it was fixed somehow(i don't know how). all the cables were checked for bad connection.

Reset the cmos.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

First off, what kind of a monitor do you have? A CRT or a Flatscreen? I'm going to assume you have a CRT since I don't think Radeon 7500s come with DVI output jacks. :roll:

One thing to try is to switch the power cables providing power to your monitor and your PSU. If your monitor gets power but suddenly your PSU is having trouble booting your PC up (or you start to get random crashes most likely due to inadequate power), it could point to a faultly power cable that a simple check for bad connection wouldn't detect.

Maximus7001's idea of resetting the CMOS is also a good idea. Try that as well.

If all else fails, try getting a friend's monitor that you know works fine up in your house and connect it to your computer using the exact same power cable, power outlet in the wall, etc. If that monitor fails to turn on then you may have some deep rooted electrical problems (or your power bar is shot, if you're using a power bar). It's unlikely I know, but through all these years with computers I've learned the hard way that anything is possible.

-The Fiercest
      "Condoms aren't always safe. Once my friend was wearing a condom, and he got hit by a bus!" - Unknown Comedian :lol:

Comment

its a CRT.
        i tried resetting the cmos but still doesn't work, the monitor gets the power from an outlet, and everything seems to turn right(on the motherboard, i can hear the hdds spinning up and all the fans and 1 cd-rom), the monitor works fine with my computer.(i got 2 computers, 1 which is working and another 1 which isn't)

Comment

Interesting. *stroke beard like Gandalf*

All signs point to your connection to the Radeon 7500.
          If possible, try another monitor on the computer you're having trouble with (with the Radeon 7500) and see if that monitor works.

If it does, then you've got a pretty messed up problem.
          If it doesn't, then the Radeon is to blame and you need to grab a new vidcard.

No worries though if you gotta splurge on a vidcard. Vidcard shopping is the most fun kind of PC hardware shopping. ;) And if you're primarily a gamer, all the better since the 7500 isn't exactly leading edge. In fact, I think its fallen behind the trailing edge...

-The Fiercest
          "Damn........I don't have a cool statement to quote! Son of a....." - Frustrated Fiercest

Comment

To take the fun out of shopping for you, I would say get a 9600 Pro. Pretty fast with Directx 9 support. If you have money to afford more, your processor could use an upgrade first (mobo if neccesary, and PSU definetely).

Comment

Working...
            X