need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

last friday night i bought a amd xp 2600 266 fsb .well saterday i went to a lan party and won a abit nf7 v2.0 mobo and a corsair hydrocool 200 ex watercooling kit . do i use the xp2600 at 266 and overclock it or buy a new processor and ram .bye the way i have corsair pc 2100 ram any ideas will be helpfull thanks.

With that XP2600+ being a 133MHz (266DDR) FSB unit its multiplier will be unlockable by the nForce2 chipset so by lowering the multiplier you should be able to run with a 200MHz (400DDR) FSB but PC3200 memory will be required to run at that speed properly (eg; 10x200MHz though you maybe able to run a higher multiplier).

Comment

i was looking at ram do you have any ideas for pc 3200 i read some reviews on corsair valve select and people seemd happy with it .do you think it will work for me?

Comment

i also bought a copper shim for processor should i use it with water cooler

Comment

That memory should be fine but CAS2 memory will give you slightly better performance. As to the copper shim be sure that its meant for that CPU (there are several different versions) and doesn't cover any of the bridges on the CPU body as it will short the CPU out if it does but it won't hurt to use it if you're worried about chipping/cracking the core.

Comment

Thanks alot i was going to spend alot on another chip and ram you have been a huge help

Comment

Working...
            X