Overclocking...at the breaking point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking...at the breaking point

Well I just upgraded my ram but I still get problems when I try to hit 220 fsb. I am starting to think its my chipset that is giving me flak since my other ram hit the same wall of 218. I was thinking of increasing the chipset voltage to 1.7...but is that safe? Any suggestions?

Heres my specs:
    AMD 2500+ @ 2.4 ghz (218x11)
    Abit NF7-S v2
    Mushkin 3200 Dual Enhanced "222 Special" (2-3-2-6 Timings)
    Sapphire 9800 PRO
    Maxtor Diamond 9 7200 8 meg cache

My first guess would be the memory (its only rated at 200MHz which is why I use PC3500) though you could try relaxing the timings and/or increasing the memory voltage.

Comment

Normally I would agree with you...but I think its too much of a coincidence that with different ram I still have problems right after 218 fsb

Comment

I've known the nForce2 chipset to go higher so the next thing would be that the CPU can't handle that internal frequency but what voltages are you using on the CPU and memory plus what HSF are you using?

Comment

Ah hell yes! Increasing the voltage worked...Im at 2.8V for the ram and 1.775 for CPU

Comment

it might be that the chipset cant go any higher.
            my MSI nforce2 board cant go over 220Mhz no matter what i do, and from what ive heard most other MSI boards dont. the nf7 should get higher than that though

Comment

I might be done again...Im at 224x11. At 224x11 it is very stable...ran prime 95 for like 10 hours. But when I try it at 225x11 it loads into windows but I get weird errors during programs. Also, trouble going through explorer as well. Where do you think my problem is now?

224x11
              1.825 Vcore
              2.8Vcc
              1.6V Chipset

Think I might have to increase my memory voltage more? Damn temperate is getting hotter outside...trying to ruin my fun. I will win the war weather : peace: :shoot2:

Comment

i hope youve got good cooling with the vcore set that high. what are your tepms like and what cooler are you using?

Comment

Hehe I figured I would be asked my temps eventually... :roll:

46C idle
                  52C running prime 95

Comment

But you've now been asked twice what is cooling your CPU and you havn't answered. :roll:

Comment

Thought I had mentioned it already...I have this thread going on two forums sorry lol

Aquarius II (Everyone seems to dislike it :( )

Comment

those temps are slightly high. i personally try to stay below 50C load. ur idle is higher than my load. nothing to worry about though, not until about 55C.
                        What cooler are you using?

Comment

Cool your jets...maybe you missed it...its the post above yours

Aquarius II

Comment

Yeah those Aquarius II's are only as good as middle of the road air coolers.

Comment

Yeah those Aquarius II's are only as good as middle of the road air coolers.
                              Lets agree to disagree...its a ton better than the thermaltake heatsink I had before...and its quiet. It works for me.

But I feel we getting a tad off topic here...

Comment

Working...
                              X