Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i get a 3.2ghz chip or get an ati radeon 9800 pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i get a 3.2ghz chip or get an ati radeon 9800 pro?

my computer specs are the following:

1. chip 2.0 ghz celeron
    2.mobo p4p800 asus
    3.videocard geforce fx 5600 256 mb
    4.ram 512 of ram

which one would make a bigger difference on my computer?

i want the speed to be more on the games not on the system but if the chips helps a lot more than the videocard i would get if that is the case

and another thing the chip is the normal 3.2 ghz from p4 the one that is like 300 dollars the one i getting. becasue the 3.2 ghz extreme edition is too expensive

The video card would help most games more. Very graphical first-person shooters would really get a boost in framerate, plus you could have all the cool graphical features and high resolution on.

However, if you play real-time strategies, role-playing games, or anytihn gelse that isn't all that graphical (compared to shooters, anyway), the processor would help you much more.

Good P4s for you:

Good video card for you:

Also, I'm curious as to what kind of RAM you have. Check in the BIOS or download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and tell me what kind of RAM you have. Anything under PC 2700, and you'll want to upgrade that before the processor. In fact, you would pretty much be wasting the processor with anything under PC 3200.

Comment

i would recommend upgrading the processor. that celeron will be holding you back alot. as yawgm0th said your memory will probably need to be upgraded aswell.

Comment

i got ddr-sdram pc3200 256mb 2 sticks

Comment

the memory should be fine then.
          upgrade that processor

Comment

Definitely. I can't morally allow that RAM to be stuck with that Celeron. :P

Comment

Working...
            X