Thermaltake SubZero (Peltier cooling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake SubZero (Peltier cooling)

I know the Thermaltake Aquarius kit isn't very recommended for watercooling, but what about their SubZero? Has anyone here tried it? Mainly I'm looking for a reasonably quiet cooling solution for my XP2500+ that will do an effective job in the sweltering southern-ontario summer (100F+ temps for at least awhile, plus my comp room is blistering with 3+ computers running 24/7)... I don't really feel that I need a full Swiftech WC system (or the pricetag/mods/hassle that comes with it), but I'm hoping the TT Peltier setup will do the job for a reasonable price (~$175CDN)

5x 7200rpm HDD's + r9800 pro + CPU causes quite a bit of heat inside my case, and I'm getting tired of my Volcano 12 + 8casefans drowning out my movies, games and music... you know its pretty bad when you can hear the movie clearer in the kitchen 10' away than in the room itself
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Comment

for a peltier to work it needs wsomething on the hot side of it to remove the heat. a powerful peltier usually requires a high speed fan or a water cooling kit. this means that you wont be quietening the system much or will still need to get a water cooler.
      also the TT subzero isnt that good.

Comment

I think I may order one this thurs, see how the 'lil fella works
        386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
        -----

/Z

Comment

Working...
        X