Computer Hangs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Hangs!

Hi im having a big problem my Computer Hangs after a while playing, it happens in many games like CS , BF42, TO, UT2k4. I dunno what to do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i cant understand whats the problem because it hangs in the game and i cant make reboot without pressing reset.
    My Drivers of the motherboard are the latest on Nvidia Site, the Radeon Drivers r the Latest Omega, i have Win Xp, DX9b , and all the updates from Microsoft site. help me :(

Processor: AMD XP 2400+
    Motherboard: Asus A7n8x-E Deluxe
    Memory: 2x 512MB Pc 3200 KingSton
    Hard Drives: IBM 60GB 7200Rpm (main) (Ntfs), Seagate 40Gb 5400Rpm
    Graphic Card: PowerColor Radeon 9800 PRO 128Mb
    PSU: Thermaltake 480W silent
    Box: Thermaltake Xaser 3 1000A
    CDroms: Cdrw Asus, Cdrw TDK
    Monitor: Samtron 76DF
    Coolers: 7 Case Fans, 1 Vulcano 11
    Mouse: Mx500

I take it you built this reecently and installed XP on it? What order did you install the drivers in? It should go: Chipset (motherboard), DirectX, Video, others. Try Catalysts, too. They might work better than Omega.

Also, when you installed, did you reformat your hard drive beforehand? Somewhat random problems can occur if you don't do a fresh install on an empty drive.

Comment

i installed by a article of some website and i think it was that order, i formated the pc by hand :/

Comment

Too many fans or poor placement can actually cause "dead zones" in the airflow pattern. Have you done any temp monitoring? Is the HSF properly mounted? Did you use a good heatsink compound?

Comment

yes ive checked everything but since i modified my ram from auto to spd ihad no crashes, and i had no time to test it right but ill keep in touch

Comment

have you tried updating your motherboard BIOS? i had the exact same problem with crashes in games until i updated the BIOS, after that it all worked sweet. i have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, which is slightly older than your -E board, the new BIOS might be the solution for this case as well.

Comment

yeap ive update a month ago it and had the same thing

Comment

Like I said, try the actual Catalysts. In addition, try the Windows XP guides at www.tweakguides.com.

I think this is a software problem, meaning you have setup somethng wrong (i.e. installation order, using Omega rather than Catalysts). However, it may be hardware. You can try replacing different parts of your system with other hardware. Mainly the video card and RAM.

Comment

Working...
                X