X800 XT - Which brand to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X800 XT - Which brand to get?

I know I asked this same question about the 9800XT, but I'm curious about the X800 XT.

I'm trying to search for reviews on the various brands, but I can't get to a lot of the sites from work (stupid nazi proxy!).

If all else fails, just stick with the ATI brand, right? :wink:

Depends on features you want, your price range, and what you want to do with it.

If you want to do a lot of video editing/capturing, and recording, then and All in Wonder ATI card. If you want a good all around card, I would (and will) go with asus. OCing is a different story. Something with a nice big HSF, and if your really adventurous, look into changin a pro to an XT

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...514100050.html

Comment

Thanks for the info. I doubt I'd be doing any OC'ing, and I'm not into video editing/recording/etc. A stock XT card would probably be good enough for me.

Comment

ABIT's RX800 XT should be a good prospect when it turns up fitted with an OTES cooler (I hope).

Comment

What's an OTES cooler?

Comment

would you guys suggest looking for a company to come out with their own cooler or wait for thermaltake to make one?

Comment

hesh: The OTES (Outside Thermal Exhaust System) is an efficient heat transfer device used for cooling the GPU, resulting in lower operating temperatures. Your VGA card will run cooler, which means enhanced system stability, performance and prolonged product life.

Comment

Asus and Sapphire cards are almost identical looking they both seem to stick to the reference model but with a minor change in cooler design. Asus has slightly bigger cooler which covers the rams.

Comment

weta...

Thanks, man. I know I can always count on getting solid info from you.

ufuk21p...

Is it better to get an Asus card that covers the memory, or is that really not a big deal?

Comment

HIS Excalibur X800 XT IceQ II

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/x800xt_iceqii.htm#

:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                      Maybe the brand you pick, should be one that supports Nvidia's card. I'm just thinking that, these cards now eclipse the cpu's ability to deliver as it takes the fx 53 to squeeze out max fps. I can't help but feel that pixel shader 3.0 and the rest of the direct x instructions are going to be necessary sooner than we think. And, 400 mhz?.......I can't help but believe Nvidia's going to ramp this thing up as a counterpunch to what ATI just put on the plate. So, while we wait for processors to catch up to our new video cards, should we have to purchase this exact same card over again for the rest of direct x and shader 3.0? Maybe not bro.......not for reasons like single slot solution and larger power supply.......I'm leanin' hard Nvidia's way.......I'm just curious to see what the counterpuch is going to be. :shock:
                      lmao :lol: 400mhz is more than 100mhz lower than ati's 525 mhz X800xt

Comment

Oh just be a man and watercool your videocard. :wink:

Comment

what are you two?.........idiots?.........they haven't even begun to overclock the nv 40 is my point..........in reality, it's a nv 45 that has been dumbed down until pci express becomes available......they are going to crank this thing up while the 24 bit/mhz maxed out/ xt cranked up/incomplete direct x/ competition goes scrambling for solutions.......to your next 500 dollar purchase of a catch up card.....dumb

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                            what are you two?.........idiots?.........they haven't even begun to overclock the nv 40 is my point..........in reality, it's a nv 45 that has been dumbed down until pci express becomes available......they are going to crank this thing up while the 24 bit/mhz maxed out/ xt cranked up/incomplete direct x/ competition goes scrambling for solutions.......to your next 500 dollar purchase of a catch up card.....dumb
                            the 6800ultra is already equiped with some super loud big ass cooler and they have o/ced it - to 450mhz and it made very little difference. the x800xt pe still won

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                              Why the **** are you even back? This is a note to everyone, don't believe anythig JSR tells you as he has a history of bull****ting with false info here at TweakTown, for in reality, he's the stupid one

Comment

Working...
                              X