Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add color to your water?

hi.

I justw wanted to know is it possible to change the color of your water in your watercooling system, for instance can I put food coloring in the water to make it change ? If not can any one give me any Ideas on how to do it.

Most water cooling systems (when they're done properly anyway) are filled with a water based fluid that inhibits buildup and corrosion of metal parts. It is basically a type of anti-freeze similar to what you might use in your car. When you start adding stuff like food coloring, you're introducing a different chemical into a balanced system. I wouldn't say it WON'T work, but odds are good to screw things up.

There are, however, several commercially available liquds that are already dyed different colors, some even neon hues to give you a bit more variety. I'd go that route since these liquids are generally tested and still maintain their cooling properties.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah, most of the time the "water-wetter" and many other names for it is found in various colors, and as Darth said some are neon like, some are UV reactive as well and so on. A variety can be found at www.xoxide.com or www.svc.com

Comment

There ya go... I knew somebody would come along with a link for ya sooner or later. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanx Guys you ppl really cleared alot of thing up.

Comment

Working...
          X