SPEED STRIP and a 2700+xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEED STRIP and a 2700+xp

Ok I bought a new Vantec Areoflow 2 heatsink and Speed strip for my 2700+Xp.I was wondering if anyone who has used the srtip,does this really un-lock the multiplier?And are there any things I should know before useing it? I have my 2700 oc to 2.21ghz from a stock 2.16mhz the multi is locked at 13 and I have the fsb at 170mhz (13x170=2210mhz with a vcore of 1.75) but in the SOYO monitor it says its at about 1.72v.When I get the speed strip is it best to under clock the multi then crank the fsb way up?Doesnt that yeild the best performance? The temp stays at 47-48c idle and 50c under load.

The Speed strip will work on that XP2700+ so long as its not one of the hard locked multiplier versions that came out from week 39 last year.
    The higher the FSB you can get the better the performance.

Comment

Hard locked? If it is hard locked is there anyway to un-lock it? or is that it.

Comment

Nope! I got the 2600+ Barton chip recently and it's solid-locked :cry:
        Noone can unlock these babies YET (but pray to the OC gods!).

Comment

SWEET!! I got my 2700 clocked (11x202mhz) at 2222mhz and the fsb is 202mhz and the temp idles at 43-44 then loaded 45-46 is the highest ive seen.The vcore is at 1.75 also. The ram timings are very relaxed,that was the only way it would post and run windows.The voltage is at ddr=2.7v. The ram is kingston hyper x ddr434 pc3500 2 512chips.Thanks for all the support guys. AMD all the way!

Comment

Working...
          X