X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Issues need attention!!!!

Hi, i have a few questions....

Q1

i have jus installed and connected a new CRT monitor..Pc is switched on but the monitor fails to show any signs of life..what should i do?

Q2

I jus increased the monitor screen resolution but I discovered that graphic card's installed driver doesn't support a higher screen resolution..whats shall I do?

Q3
    my pc starts up and begins its POST.The mem check completes and then the machine hangs...what should i do to clear this prob?

Q4

I have a motherboard that supports a SATA disk controller but why cant a ATA1333 drive be fitted directly to this machine?

wiating for ur reply

Q1

i have jus installed and connected a new CRT monitor..Pc is switched on but the monitor fails to show any signs of life..what should i do?

this is gonna sound stupid but have you plugged the monitor into the graphics card properly. have you plugged the power lead in
    Q2

I jus increased the monitor screen resolution but I discovered that graphic card's installed driver doesn't support a higher screen resolution..whats shall I do?

it shouldnt accept resolution changes without you confirming after it tests the change but if it did you will need to boot in safe mode and change the resolution
    Q3
    my pc starts up and begins its POST.The mem check completes and then the machine hangs...what should i do to clear this prob?

reset the CMOS. if that doesnt work make sure all of the drives etc are plugged in properly. is there an error message? do the drives initilaise?
    Q4

I have a motherboard that supports a SATA disk controller but why cant a ATA1333 drive be fitted directly to this machine?

an ata133 drive should work as it should have IDE aswell as SATA. what motherboard is this?

Comment

Working...
    X