How does 2.9ghz from a P4 2.5 sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does 2.9ghz from a P4 2.5 sound??

Well, I just put my new cpu cooler on, and i oced my comp to 2.9 (the clock is actin kinda funny though). It says 2.9ghz on 3dmark03, 2.85ghz on post, and it says my bus is only 114, while i have it at 115... Anywho, do you guys think my cpu will be ok at this level at 115 f?? :?:

EDIT-
    Oh yea, its a 400 fsb no ht for me :cry:

as long as its stable it will be fine.
    whats 115f in celcius?
    try pushin it higher if you can.

Comment

that would be 45c.. Thats not to high right?? (i remember Maximum PC sayin sometin bout 120f is about as high as u want to go). Yea, im gonna shoot for 3.0ghz. Just for info:
      3dmark03: 935
      3Dmark2001se: 6500

Oh yea, here are the comp specs:
      FutureShop special (yah, I know :cry: )
      PIV2.5
      Gigabyte GXm-650 *** (or sometin like that)
      PCI radeon 9200se 128ddr
      512kingston pc3200
      (since its a pci card, its eating the pci bus bandwidth, and my internet is slowin down!!)

Comment

ouch.
        those specs are nasty.
        you say its a futureshop special. is futureshop an oem? are you using the bios or software to overclock?
        45C is fine. p4s are safe until much higher than that and will throttle back before any damage can be caused.
        can you fit an AGP graphics card? that would improve perfomance a hell of a lot

Comment

Comment

Ok, FutureShop is the Canadian version of BestBuy (i think thats how it goes), but the comp is a custom built Cicero. And yes, I do have an open AGP slot (thx god) and Im looking at getting a radeon9600 (for $119 cdn HELL YES!!!). See, its a gigabyte board im runnin (its a GA-8S650GXM), but I was confused for along time cause it always said it was built by Seanix (ok the comp is sold through Futureshop, which is built by Cicero, which was designed by Seanix. Got it? Now somebody explain it to me) And what really suxs is that I cant oc it anymore cause it is causing my card to hog the pci bus (limiting bandwidth for other devices i think).

EDIT!!!!
            WAIT WAIT WAIT!! Ok, it says my board has 3pci slots and an AGP, but the 3 pci slots are empty, and im assuming the agp is the purple one that my card is in, SO WTF?! Every program says its a PCI Gigabyte radeon 9200se with 64mb of ram (even though it has 128...). Now im just confused. Anywho, since you guys think I should, and im a glutton for punishment, this suckas goin to 3ghz!! 8) Wish me luck!

EDIT THE EDIT-
            Oh yah, Im usin the BIOS to overclock (im not stupid newb, but i am stupid) AND METALLICA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: OK some other info is that I added the extra 256kingston to my comp when i first got it, and it lowered my 3dmark03 25marks!!!

Comment

Working...
            X