Voltages Limting Overclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltages Limting Overclock

Hey all just a voltage heat kinda quesstion. Right now i am overcloking my P4 2.80c as high as i can go but i can seem to go any higher with out changing my volts up a little as without it i fail to boot. right now i am at 1.6250 volts and with a load runing i hit 44c witch i think is rather good as i was geting higher when i was useing a stock cooler. So my overall question is should heat be my stoper or is there a voltage i shount go past?

Thanks for your help,
    Joe

Try 1.650-1.675v but don't use 1.7v or more.

Comment

I've given my athlon 1.825V for kicks and to brag alittle more... I would never run it that high on a regular basis though. I'm going with wayout in saying 1.7 is as high as i'd go for everyday use. I don't know anything about intel chips though. I would guess (assuming you have air cooling) that anything above 1.7 would shoot temps up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_sharp
        I've given my athlon 1.825V
        He has a P4 processor. They have different tolerances for voltage than the Athlon XP processors.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Yeah you can go 2+v on the core of an Athlon so long as you have very good cooling in place but P4C's you must stay away from the 1.7v and up mark or you may wind up with a damaged or dead one.

Comment

Hey thanks guys ya i am runing good now back down to 1.550 volts as i got sick of runing my fan at max when i hit 3.6Ghz lol so i am runing at a very stable 3.2 but ill keep the voltages in mind if i ever go water cooling.

Comment

Well, watercooling is a bit more complex than air, so if you want some better cooling without the risk of water (something you should definitely make sure is totally sealed before putting it in the system) a heatsink that can accomodate an 80-92mm fan would be a nice upgrade. A larger fan can spin at lower speeds and produce the same, if not more airflow than a smaller faster (and typically louder) fan.

Comment

well i have done water cooling before and my fan eheh is moves 120 CFM..

Comment

Working...
                X