double click to search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double click to search

Hey guys AN GIRLS.. If i double left click a desktop icon executable or double left click on any drive in My Computer, the XP search service opens instead unless i right click and click explorer. Has anybody come across this problem before?

The same thing happens if i click in the xp style start menu!!
    Last edited by jamie_horwood; 07-09-2004, 05:35 PM.

The problem can be fixed by going into Folder Options (from control panel) and changing the default options for the file types in question (shortcuts, .exe, and drives).

Comment

right, i've got as far as registered file types and highlighted the second [NONE] Drive, clicked on the advanced tab and clicked set default, but now when i go back in i can't set default again. when i tried double left clicking the hard disk in my computer it displays this error:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Comment

After clicking Drive in Folder Options, click Advanced. Click new and type open (or whatever you want, doesn't really matter) as the "Action" and explorer.exe as the application (browse for it if you have to, it's in the Windows folder). That should set it up so the drive opens up in Explorer when you double-click it.
        Edit: Oh, and you need to set the new action as default.
        Last edited by Yawgm0th; 07-09-2004, 06:41 PM.

Comment

In folder options/ file types/drive/ advanced/ edit file types on my mums xp pro machine just find is in here. tried setting this to default. still it has not corrected the problem. but in mums machine there are no other actions just find. i have find, c:, open, but it won't let me delete these two.

Comment

It's like I said, you probably need to create a new action since it has somehow gotten screwed up. There's a button in there that says "New." You're going to have to try what I described and set up explorer.exe as the default application to open drives with.

Comment

Working...
            X