FX-53 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX-53 Benchmarks

OK, I am currently building an FX-53 system on an Asus SK8V w/ 1GB DDR400 and RAID 0 WD Raptor drives. What would be the best method for benchmarking this sytem? and would you guys be interested in seeing the results?

Re: FX-53 Benchmarks

A socket 940 system? Have you already purchased everything?

That might be interesting, depending on your video card. If you have a GeForce 6800 or X800, it's worth looking at. The AnandTech testing involved a 9800 Pro, which becomes the bottleneck on an A64 system. If you do some tests on a less GPU-limited setup, it ought to prove interesting.

I'm sure Tweak and the writers here can help you more on the testing methods.

Comment

Everything is here and i just got done putting it together, thou since the system is for a customer doing graphic design and video editing, he opted for a 9800SE. It is supposed to go out about 24 hrs from now, but it might be later as he called and wants to bring in some cards for me to install. Maybe ill make him wait, but i don't really know a good way to benchmark systems.

Comment

Jedi, fix your sig. There's no SPAM anymore.. ;)

Comment

I guess you could run PCMark and some similar system tests, but the graphics test are pointless as you'll just be showing the maxes of a 9800SE. It's way too GPU-limited to get any good graphics benchmarks out of it.

Just curious: Why a socket 940 system? Socket 939 is out, performs better, costs less, and has better upgradability. I guess if you wanted to use ECC RAM, it makes sense. But that just brings the question of why would you want to use ECC? It's not a server, and non-ECC is just fine for graphics design and video editing.
          Last edited by Yawgm0th; 07-23-2004, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X