Water cooling HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooling HELP!!

I just bought a water cooling kit from Evercool. I seem to be running too hot with it. I cant even overclock anymore. My stock fan kept my pc cooler. My current temps while idle are 45C and 113F. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Re: Water cooling HELP!!

Help

Comment

You want help? Buy a real water cooler and not a small "Magic Box" type kit. The main problem is the lack of sufficient water to keep it at a cool temperature. Next on the list of things that are just wrong is the small submersible water pump used in this type of cooling solution. Finally, the small tubing does nothing but make a bad cooling setup even worse.

Sorry if I sound like I'm dogging your purchasing decision, but I am. If you take a look at similar products I've reviewed over the past couple years (yep, right here on TweakTown), you'll see that the results are always lacking from an enthusiast point of view. For the casual user who wants a quiet cooling solution, they're awesome. But for those of us who fall into the "enthusiast" category, they are a waste of money.

If you can retuen it for a refund, I would highly recommend it. Then you can check out the review I did on the Swiftech Water Cooling Kit and see if it is more to your liking. It was to mine!
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Thank you i had no idea that was a crappy cooling ill look into the one you recommended.

Comment

My buds Aquarius III works well for his FIC cube setup. It cools his P4 2.8, I865 and OC 9800 pro. Never gets above 100F even when playing Doom3. It's not quiet at full fan speeds, but he never needs much more than half while playing.
          It's quite a bit larger than the Evercool setup, a refund would be goood!

Comment

Originally posted by matm347
            My buds Aquarius III works well for his FIC cube setup. It cools his P4 2.8, I865 and OC 9800 pro. Never gets above 100F even when playing Doom3. It's not quiet at full fan speeds, but he never needs much more than half while playing.
            It's quite a bit larger than the Evercool setup, a refund would be goood!

I cant get a refund i bought the cooling kit at a computer show. No refunds damn that sucks after spending $150 bucks. Oh well we learn from our mistakes i guess ill have to wait i while for my next cooling kit because im now lacking in funds lol

Comment

DOH!!! Do you have a link that shows what you have in detail? Which one do you have exactly? The companies website shows two different kits.

Maybe something could be added to what you have to get the temps you want?

Comment

Here is website to the poduct i bought.
                http://www.evercool.com.tw/wc-201_new.htm
                And about adding somethin to the cooling to make my temps better i was thinking of buying a better pump.

Comment

You may see more benefit from an additional radiator/fan. Ive seen several larger setups(4+ blocks) that work REAL well because they went huge on the radiator. Their flow was cut down due to the number of blocks, but still cooled well.

It would be ideal to test the water temp right after the radiator. Whats the use in moving the water faster when you can't cool the volume you've got?
                  Also, use as little water additive as possible, water is what does a better job at cooling/moving thru the system. I suggest a small amount of red line water wetter, around 10-15:1 ratio with distilled water.

Comment

Working...
                  X